Chapter 29: An Unexpected Question

Garcia's POV:

I yawn and look around for something to do. "Hey Em, wouldn't it be funny if--" I stop talking when I realize she's asleep. I get up and grab a blanket that was lying in the corner of the room and drape it over her. I sit back down and sigh, bored out of my brains. Someone knocks at the door, waking Emily up. "Who dares to wake sleeping beauty by knocking on my lair?!" I say as I get up to answer it, making Emily laugh. I open the door to see Hotch standing there, "Oh, sorry sir" I say, turning red. Emily sits up straighter, craning her neck to see who it is. "Come in sir" I say and open the door wider. Hotch walks in and Emily gets out of her chair, walking over and hugging him, "I missed you" she says, "I missed you too" Hotch says, giving her a quick kiss on the lips, "You ready to go home?" He asks her and she nods. They're on their way out of my lair when Hotch stops walking, "Oh and Garcia" he says, "Morgan is waiting for you" and then they leave. I smile and grab my bag, running out to see Derek standing in the bullpen. I run over and hug him tightly, he hugs me back and kisses me, "It's good to see you babygirl" he says, "It's good to see you too chocolate thunder" I say, making him laugh. He grabs his things and we head out to the car.

We arrive home and I flop down on the couch, "How is it that I have spent a week in the field and you're more tired than me?" He asks, chuckling, "Because while you were you in the field, I was awake waiting for a phone call and talking to Em" I say, satisfied when he doesn't reply. Derek walks into the kitchen and turns on the kettle. A few minutes later he returns with a cup of tea and hands it to me, I look down at it and frown, "C'mon baby, didn't your parents ever tell you not to have coffee before bed?" He laughs, I look down at my hands, "Oh baby, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to" "It's okay, it's not your fault" I say as images of my parents flash through my head, "I'm so sorry" he says and kisses my forehead. I kiss him and on the lips and get up off the couch, walking upstairs. I change into my pajamas and crawl into bed. Derek climbs into bed next to me and puts his arm around me. I shuffle closer so that we are face to face, "I love you Penelope" he says, "I love you too Derek" I say and he kisses me. I close my eyes, enjoying the kiss as we lie here together in each other's arms.

Reid's POV:

JJ emerges from the bathroom wrapped in just a towel, her hair sopping wet and dripping on the carpet. "Feeling better?" I ask, "Yeah, thanks" she says, walking over to the wardrobe and grabbing out some pajamas.

I walk into the bathroom and start brushing my teeth, I turn around to ask JJ something when I slip on some water and fall on my butt on the floor. JJ comes running into the bathroom to see what happened. She bursts out laughing when she sees me on the floor, "Oh my god Spence!" She laughs, grabbing my hand to help me up. I laugh at my clumsiness and spit my toothpaste into the sink. I walk over to the bed and hop in under the covers. JJ follows me, snuggling into my chest. "Thank you for today" she says, "Anytime Jage" I say, kissing her on the forehead. She smiles at me and kisses me on the cheek. She wraps her arms around me and hugs me tightly, "I wish we could stay like this forever" she says, "Me too, but sadly, tomorrow is Thursday, so we have to go to work" I say. She starts smiling and I frown at her in question, "What are you thinking about?" I ask, "Oh just Em" she says, "So what's the smile about?" I ask, confused, "What if we had kids?" She asks. I stare at her in shock, then my heart warms at the thought and I smile, "Are you serious?" I ask, "Yeah" she smiles, "I fall more and more in love with you everyday" I say, "So that's a yes?" She asks, "That's a yes" I smile, kissing her passionately. "I love you so much" she says between kisses, "I love you too" I say, unable to wipe the smile off my face.