Chapter 9: Waiting

Garcia's POV:
The phone rings and I answer is immediately. "Please tell me you found him" I say, not even waiting to see who it is, "Babygirl, I love you so much, don't ever leave me" Morgan says over the phone, "Is that a yes? Please tell me that's a yes" "It's a yes" I breathe out, not even realising that I was holding my breath. Relief fills me and I start to tear up. "Babygirl?" "Yeah, I'm here, sorry" I say, forgetting that I was still on the phone, "Are you crying?" He asks, I sniff and wipe my eyes, "What? No" "Penelope, C'mon, what's wrong?" "Nothing, I'm just so happy you found him, I honestly thought he was gone forever" I break down. "We are all headed to the hospital, why don't you come down and see him" "Okay, I'll be there soon" I say and hang up. I get up out of my chair and quickly walk to the bathrooms, trying to avoid eye contact as I cross the bull pen. I push the door open and walk in, shutting it behind me. I walk over to the mirror and stare at my reflection. Grabbing some paper towel, I begin to wipe off my smudged mascara, someone walks in just as I finish. I chuck the paper towel in the bin and walk out, stopping by my office to get my handbag before heading to the car park.
"Pull yourself together" I think to myself as I blink back tears on the way to the hospital. I turn up the radio just as 'We Will Rock You' by Queen comes on. I turn it up louder and start singing along to try and distract myself. The song finishes just as I pull in to the hospital car park. I get out of the car and enter the hospital. "I'm looking for Spencer Reid" I say to the woman at the desk, "Spencer Reid... Yes, he's in room 14 floor 2" "Thank you" I say and head toward the stairs. I walk up to the door of room 14 and take a deep breath before knocking and opening the door. My body goes into shock when I see Reid lying there, all beat up. "Hey Penelope" Derek says as I walk in, getting up and coming over to give me a kiss, I wrap my arms around him and just stay there, not wanting to step away. "How's he doing?" I manage to say, "He's unconscious, but he's stable" Morgan says, sitting back down. I look around the room; JJ is biting her nails, Emily is leaning on Hotch's shoulder and holding his hand, Rossi is staring at his hands and Morgan is watching Reid, waiting for him to wake up. I sit down in the seat next to Derek and he grabs my hand, squeezing it before putting his arm around my shoulders.

Morgan's POV:
We sit in Reid's room for what seems like hours, none of us saying a word, just waiting. After a while Rossi stands up and asks if anyone wants coffee, we all say yes except for JJ, who doesn't even hear him. Rossi walks out of the room, so I get up and follow him. "What are you doing?" He asks when I catch up, "I couldn't stand to be in there any longer, do you mind if I come?" "No it's fine, I know what you mean" "Thanks Rossi" I say and we walk the rest for the way in silence. When we reach the cafe we realise its shut, "Oh C'mon, you can't be shut its not that late" I say, "Uh, actually Morgan, it's 11:45pm" "Oh man, are you serious? Looks like we are having vending machine coffee" I rummage through my pockets to find only a $5 note. "I got 5, how much have you got?" I ask Rossi, "$4.50" he says and we look at the machine; $2.50 per coffee. "Are you kidding?" I say, "Oh wait" Rossi says and starts searching through his pockets again, "35c... Wait... 50c, we have enough for 4" "Well there's 6 of us, so..." "We'll just get 4, then get some more coins from the others and come back" he suggests, so we get 4 cups of coffee and head back up stairs. We walk in and ask if anyone has any spare change; no one does. "I'll share with Prentiss" Hotch says, "Okay, Babygirl?" "Yeah sure" she says, I hand Emily her cup and sit JJ's on the small table next to her. "Jage, c'mon, you need to drink something" Emily says, handing JJ her cup, she reluctantly agrees and takes it, having a small drink before putting it back on the table. We all drink our coffee and keep quiet, all waiting for Reid to wake up.