Chapter 36: He Took Her Away

Rossi's POV:
An hour has passed and the girls still haven't shown up. I can tell Morgan is worried and I don't blame him; it's a 10 minute drive. I focus on what I'm supposed to be doing; going through the endless photos of JJ, Emily and Garcia that were set up like a shrine on the wall in Cameron Jacobs' bedroom. "Reid!" Morgan calls and Reid walks into the room, "Have you tried calling JJ?" he asks, "Yeah, but it keeps going to voicemail" Reid answers, "Same with Penelope, Hotch!" Morgan says and Hotch walks over, "Yeah?" "JJ and Garcia aren't answering their phones and they were supposed to be here almost an hour ago" Morgan says and a concerned look forms on Hotch's face, "Okay you two go back to the BAU, Dave and I will stay here and go through this stuff" Hotch says and they leave the room. "Got anything new?" Hotch asks, "No, except from the fact that this guy is a total creep, there's hundreds of photos up there!" I say and he nods in agreement. We start taking the photos down off the wall. "Hotch" I say, taking down one of the photos, "Yeah?" "This has been going on longer than we thought" I say as I show him a picture of the 3 girls leaving the wedding shop after buying Garcia's wedding dress. We pull down the last few photos and put them in a box for evidence. I am about to leave the room when Hotch gets a phone call. "Hotchner" he says when he answers, "Are you sure?" He asks, "Okay stay there, we're on our way" he says and hangs up. I give him a questioning look, "They can't find Garcia or JJ" he says. I get up and we head out to the car.

Prentiss' POV:
I'm starting to worry, really worry. The baby hasn't kicked for a while and I'm scared it may have... I won't want to think about it. I hear a loud bang and sit up, propping myself on the wall. I can hear footsteps coming towards me and someone is crying. "Let us go!" The voice begs but there's no answer, "Please" they plead but there's still no reply. I stare at the ground, listening to what is going on. "No, please don't, no!" They beg and someone else starts crying. "No!" they cry again and someone is shoved into the cell next to me. "PENELOPE!" The voice screams and I look up. The footsteps grow fainter as they walk back from where they came from. "Jage?" I ask, barely more than a whisper, "Em?" she calls back, "Yeah, it's me" I reply and she starts crying, "Oh my god you're alive" she cries, "The team knows who he is, they're going to find us" she whispers. I wipe away my tears, "Where's Garcia?" I ask, "I don't know, he took her away" she cries and I feel sick thinking of what he might do to her, "Is Andersen okay?" I ask, remembering the state he was left in when I was taken, "Yeah, he's fine, he feels so bad Em" JJ says and I let out a sigh of relief. "Em, are you okay?" she asks, "Yeah, I'm okay" I say and start tearing up again, "Emily, what's wrong?" JJ asks, "The baby hasn't kicked in a while and I'm really worried" I cry, "Oh, Em, I'm so sorry" she says and I wish we were I'm the same cell so I could hug her. I lean back agains the wall and close my eyes. JJ sniffs and I hear her crying, "I'm so scared" she whispers, "Me too" I admit, "It's going to be okay" I whisper, more to myself than her, but she hears me anyway.

JJ and I have been sitting in silence for a while. I'm thinking of Penelope when I sigh and start crying, "Em, what's wrong?" Jage asks, "Nothing's wrong, the baby kicked" I cry and I hear JJ sigh, "You had me worried there bub" I cry and JJ laughs a little, "You had us both worried" she says through the brick wall and I smile. Maybe we will be okay after all.