Chapter 4: Popcorn and Kurt Vonnegut

Hotch's POV:
We follow the ambulance to the hospital; Rossi and I in one car, JJ and Reid in the other. When I get there they rush the unsub into surgery and take Emily in to get stitches, so we all head towards the waiting room. When we get there Morgan is already waiting, he looks up when we get there and then looks back down at his hands. "Morgan? Whats up?" I ask, sitting down next to him. "That guy that I shot back there, he was just a kid man. Probably only 16 or 17" he replies, "Morgan, you did what you had to do, it was you or him, and he's not dead, if he was they wouldn't be operating on him right now" I say, hoping to comfort him, which I'm not very good at. "Thanks Hotch" he says, and visibly relaxes. Rossi, who is sitting across from me, is looking very impatient; like he's waiting for something. His phone rings and a look of relief fills his face as he leaves the room to take the call. "Emily Prentiss?" A doctor says when he walks into the room, "Yep that's us" I say, standing, we follow the doctor down the hall to Emily's room, where he leaves us. "Hey Em, how's your arm?" I ask when I walk in, "Oh it's fine, they've given me some pain killers and I'm free to go whenever I want" she replies, getting off the bed to give me a one-armed hug. "Where's Rossi?" She asks, realising he's not here, "Oh, he had to take a call" I say, sitting down on the bed next to her. She nods and gets up to get something from her bag. I look over to see her wincing, "Emily, come sit down, what are you looking for? I can get it for you" "Thanks I was just getting a jumper" she says and sits back down. I grab her bag and find a loose jumper that she can easily put over her arm without hurting herself. Just as I sit back down the room is filled with the sound of ringtones. "Hotch, don't hell me its another case" JJ says, looking down at her phone, "Never mind it's just Garcia" "You too?" Reid asks, reading the text he got. Emily checks her phone and laughs, "I think she's lonely" she says before ringing Garcia. "Emily! I thought you guys forgot about me!" She says through the phone, "Nope, we're at the hospital, you're on speaker by the way" "Oh okay, wait why are you at the hospital?!" "I got shot, it's nothing don't worry" "Don't worry?!" She practically yells into the phone "Em where did you get shot?!" "It's just my arm Garcia" Emily laughs, "Hey I gotta go, I'll call you later, bye" "Bye Garcia" everyone calls in unison and she hangs up. Emily starts struggling with her jumper, unable to put it on with one arm, "Here" I say, helping her out, "Lets go, I'll drive you home" "Thanks" she says and we get up to leave. "Hey, I'm just gonna wait here" Morgan says "I'll get a cab home" "Alright, I'll see you Monday" I say, so glad that tomorrow is Saturday. We meet Rossi on the way out and I give him a questioning look. "It was just my editor" I explains, "Alright" I say in disbelief and walk out.

Prentiss' POV:
We arrive at my apartment at about 9:00 and my first thought when we walk through the door is how starving I am. I dump my bags and head to the kitchen. Hotch walks up behind me and grabs my waist, making me jump. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" he says, kissing my neck, I turn around and kiss him on the lips, "It's okay" I say and go to put my arm on his neck when a sharp pain shoots up my arm, I wince. "You okay?" Hotch asks, "Yeah, I'm just gonna have to be one armed for the time being" I say, smiling before kissing him again. "I should probably get going" he says, turning to leave, I grab his shoulder with my good arm and spin him back around, "Do you have to go?" I ask, "Can't you just stay here?" "Yeah I s'pose" he says, smiling at me before walking over to the pantry. "What do you want to eat?" He asks, "I don't know, do you wanna watch a movie?" I say, heading into the lounge, "Yeah sure, popcorn it is then" he says and starts rummaging around in the cupboard. He starts up the popcorn machine as I walk over to my movies and start shuffling through. Hotch walks in with a bowl of popcorn and sits on the couch, "You decided on one yet?" He asks and I just hold up the movie with an innocent look on my face. "Slaughterhouse five? Really?" He laughs, "C'mon, you know how much I love Kurt Vonnegut" I say, rattling the movie and hoping he will give in. "What can I say?" He says, putting his hands up and surrendering, I put the disk in the DVD player and sit on the couch with Hotch. He smiles and kisses my cheek, "I love you, Emily Prentiss" he says, I kiss him back and say "I love you too, Aaron Hotchner".