fourty-four.

"Let's get out of here."

Turning my head to look at Luke who lays beside me, I raise my eyebrows as I have quite literally no idea what he means by this.

"Come again?"

He smirks at my reaction, clearly finding it humorous.

"Let's get out of here," he tries again, with a shrug to his shoulders.

"And what does getting out of here consist of?" I ask considering it's the middle of the night and we have absolutely nowhere to go.

Luke's smirk continues to rest on his lips as he says, "Rumor has it you like hanging by the water."

This causes surprise to course through me as I know what he's suggesting but I'm shocked that he's doing so. It's not like we have any training going on or something of the sort but I just struck him as the type who doesn't roam around the campgrounds carelessly at night.

"Isn't that your number one rule? No going down to the water at night time?" I challenge, interested to hear his excuse.

He doesn't seem surprised in the slightest by my question as he just shrugs it off and says, "I'm feeling generous and slightly rebellious."

Obviously, I'm not opposed in the slightest as I certainly do enjoy going down to the water. Now knowing I can't get in trouble for it, I have no reason to be opposed to the idea.

"As long as you don't make me pay for it tomorrow," I say.

Luke chuckles, quickly getting up from his spot on his bed as his feet meet the ground. I follow his lead, preparing to find a sweatshirt as I'm sure it'll be chilly outside.

"No promises," he assures me.

I shoot him a look, assuming he's messing around and actually won't spend the day torturing me tomorrow for giving into his rebellious request. After all, I do have training with him most of the day tomorrow and he very easily could make me regret agreeing to this.

"I need to go back to my room and grab a sweatshirt," I say, noticing my shoes are in here and all I need is something to throw over the tank top I'm currently wearing.

"I've got one," Luke advises, turning to his dresser of clothes.

I feel my heart race at the thought of wearing Luke's sweatshirt as I assume it'll be a million times more comfortable than my own. I didn't expect him to be so quick to offer me his own but I'm definitely grateful that he did.

As he grabs it, I slip on my sneakers and eye the leggings that I'm thankful I'm wearing as I know shorts would not suffice. What he has planned for us is beyond me but I'm thankful he suggested it considering I'm nowhere near being tired.

I've had a lot on my mind after my argument with Ashton that took place earlier. It swarmed my thoughts as I've been tempted to go over to his cabin in order to just talk to him. I want to make sense of everything that has happened and hopefully come to a common ground.

I feel sympathy for him because he does have these feelings that I can't emulate and it's clear that he's catching onto Luke and I regardless of how discreet we've been trying to be. I'd never want him to think that we're flaunting something in front of him.

I just didn't think he'd be this upset about it.

"Ready?" Luke asks, seeming to notice my distraction as I've hardly moved from my spot.

I look at him, watching as he tosses me the hoodie and grab it swiftly in order to throw it on. I do so without hesitation, feeling instant warmth take over me as the sweatshirt is much more oversized than my own and provides extra comfort.