fourty-eight.

Before I could make sense of Luke's words, his hands gripped my waist harshly and pushed me against the closest wall. I hardly am capable of letting out a gasp of surprise as his lips feverishly meet mine in a matter of milliseconds.

I don't dare miss an ounce of it as I meet his hungry lips, having wanted to do this ever since Michael interrupted us earlier. I relish in every second of it as the need between the two of us is nothing short of hot and desperate.

As my back leans against the wall, Luke tugs my waist towards his, forcing our hips to meet as he raises his hands above my head, having complete power between the two of us.

And I love it.

I don't hold back from wrapping my arms around his neck, desiring to eliminate all distance between the two of us and feel him more than I ever have.

My back is arched completely as my head tilts up entirely, our faces parallel from one another as we take in the privacy of his office and this moment of being completely alone.

Luke's lips move in a speedy fashion against my own, nothing I can't keep up with as I refuse to be the one to falter in this heated moment.

I didn't realize just how desperately I needed this.

Luke drives his tongue between my lips, increasing the pleasure as I can't help the moan that comes from me, the intensity of this situation riling me up in every way possible.

The second Luke hears my moan that's filled with desire, he presses against my hips, forcing them to once again meet the wall as he lowers our kiss, allowing for our heads to be vertical with one another. My heart races incredibly against his chest as I have no doubt that he can feel every beat of it.

In fact, I practically whine as he removes his lips from my own, instead, beginning to plant kisses against my neck, his curls tickling my jaw as I shut my eyes in bliss.

I'm so caught up in the feeling of his lips that I hardly hear him as he practically growls against my neck one word that has my legs nearly shaking.

"Cherry."

You've got that right, that's for damn sure.

He doesn't wait for a response, instead, bending over and hooking his arms under the back of my legs, hoisting me in his grip completely as I widen my eyes in surprise.

I'm thankful I do as I wish I could capture the smile that's on his lips as he looks up to me, my hair curtaining his face slightly as he holds me in a strong, intense grip that promises my safety as my hands place themselves on his shoulders.

Due to this small moment of a lack of contact between the two of us, I don't hesitate to speak.

"You don't have to tell me twice."

Luke's smile widens, as if loving the words that leaves my lips and I can't help but appreciate this quick moment of a soft side to him. Even though I know it won't last, nor do I want it to right now, it still has my heart fluttering in a way that I couldn't describe even if I tried.

"Glad we're on the same page then."

I don't get to respond, instead, my lips are the ones doing so as they feel Luke's instantly, not a second of hesitation between the two of us. Luke removes me from the wall, desiring to guide me elsewhere as he keeps a firm hold on me, giving me the ability to relax in his arms entirely as I focus on nothing but the feeling of the passion being delivered between us two right now.

There's something thrilling about the code word we've created between the two of us that initiates the contact between us two in order to ensure the two of us are on the same page. It's easy to consider it as a quick moment of consent as we verbally tell one another what we need in the moment and the other has the ability to decide whether they want to continue with where we're headed or take a step back.