twelve.

The decision to get out of bed and go back to training wasn't really one I thought out. However, I figured after eating and hydrating, I really had no excuse to continue laying in bed. Even though I know Lieutenant Hemmings is going to kill me for getting out, I'd rather show him determination and prove that I don't need the day in bed. If I stay in bed, it's going to seem as if I'm taking advantage of the downtime. Instead, I want to use it in order to prove myself further and show that I'm ready to put in work. 

I fear the repercussions I may face for choosing to do this but I can't find it in me to care. Instead, I'd love to see his reaction when he catches sight of me out of bed and ready to work just like everyone else here.

So with that, I don't hesitate to jump out of bed and eye the current attire I'm in and dig around for something to change into. I could wear this outside but I'd rather put on something fresh considering I had been wearing this when I was at the pole earlier. 

Luckily, I find a drawer of clothes and grab a pair of spandex with a tank top, the usual attire, and quickly change myself. I try not to take much time because the quicker I get out there the better. I have no reason to be laying around in here and doing nothing. 

Once I'm dressed, I throw my hair up into a high ponytail and take a second to observe the scene outside. As predicted, everyone is working their asses off as Lieutenant Hemmings stands off to the side unimpressed. He yells at things that he really doesn't need to yell about and makes everything a lot more miserable, as usual. 

I make a beeline towards the door, sucking in a deep breath as I know this probably is a terrible idea. However, it's a risk I'm willing to take in order to offer an idea that I think he may approve of. Even though I'm sure he goes out of his way to not listen to others, I'm hoping that maybe he'll give this thought a chance. 

Hell, I think it's a great idea.

So with that, I push open the door and strut my way out of the infirmary and towards the crowd of people. I'm certain I'm going to receive lash from Lieutenant Hemmings for coming out here, but if I can do something right, I'm going to do it. I have full confidence in my plan and know he's going to have to let go of his dignity for a moment in order to agree. 

So as I watch the group practically cry due to the training, I bite back a smile, feeling confident as ever and ready to witness Lieutenant Hemmings' reaction to my idea that I think is brilliant. 

I spot Michael in the crowd and we lock eyes as he seems to see me the second that I see him. Immediately, his eyes widen in horror at the sight of me and it's clear that he's silently begging me to go back in bed and stay far away from here. 

I ignore the plea in his eyes and turn my attention to Lieutenant Hemmings. 

"Come on, move faster!" Lieutenant Hemmings yells making me cringe at the boom of his voice.

Everyone picks up their pace as there's not a single person here who isn't terrified of the 6'4 blue-eyed man who could probably make even the toughest of people cry. 

"Move faster or we're starting over!" Lieutenant Hemmings screams once more.

I approach him slowly, eyeing his broad shoulders as I prepare for what's to come. I suck in a deep breath, reminding myself that this has the potential to go really well as I run over the words in my head.

Walking up behind him, I hold my wrist behind my back as I say, "Afternoon sir."

Lieutenant Hemmings snaps his head around, clearly recognizing the voice. I instantly notice his eyes are filled with fury as he eyes me with nothing but anger.