eight.

"Lila!"

Groaning, I roll over on the rock of a mattress I'm currently laying on and throw a pillow over my head. I attempt to block out the foreign voice as I don't respond and instead, stay exactly where I am.

"Lila, come on!"

Shaking my head, I mumble into the mattress, "Five minutes."

I hear a deep chuckle in response before the same voice says, "Lila come on, breakfast is out and we're about to reach land."

My eyes shoot open as I had completely forgotten just where I am. A part of me was half convinced that I was back home and in my bed without a worry in the world. However, I'm overwhelmed with the reality of the situation as I turn my head and look to see Michael staring at me with a raised eyebrow.

I must've fallen asleep no more than two hours ago. How I managed to is absolutely beyond me but I know my body is going to be punishing me considering I haven't managed to get any sleep in the past two nights. 

I run a hand down my face and sit up as I let out a drawn-out sight and say, "Right, that's where I am."

My words are meant to be the slightest bit amusing but there's no hint of humor in my tone. As a result, a worried look crosses Michael's face and he asks, "You good?" 

I nod my head, regardless from the fact that I'm far from good. Is it possible to be stuck in this situation and be good?

"Yeah, I just am kind of out of it, I think I fell asleep an hour or two ago."

"Really? I fell asleep right away," Michael says proudly as I certainly envy him. In fact, I almost wish he just lied and told me he didn't sleep either. I can't help but wonder just what time it is and how much sleep I actually got. Not much I'm assuming considering my eyes hardly want to stay open right now. "But I hope you're hungry because I'm starving and walked past all of the food to come get you. If that's not self-control, then I don't know what is."

I can't help but crack a smile as it's clear he's accustoming to this place a lot better than I am. 

"And I'm not this peppy when I'm hangry, so let's go before I start complaining about something that happened ten years ago."

"Alright, alright," I say pushing myself out of bed, my feet coming in contact with the floor shortly after. I take the opportunity to stretch out my back that no doubt had gotten a little screwed up from sleeping on that rock of a mattress.

Geez, is everything going to require adjusting to?

Michael is quick to open the door towards outside, where everyone seems to be eating, and hold it open for me. I quickly lead the way as I walk out and am met with the bright sunlight that's enough to make me practically hiss in response. 

I have no doubt I'm going to be absolutely miserable today. 

Many people sit outside at the tables that provide food and don't seem to have a worry in the world. Everyone looks cheerful and chats amongst themselves as they eat the food laid out for them.

"It's not much, but I'm fucking starving," Michael says, grabbing a seat at the first table he finds available. I follow his lead and sit down timidly at the table as I'm still distracted by everyone on deck. I don't fail to notice that mostly males take up the ship, not really many females at all making me feel even more alone. 

These guys all probably know what they're doing.

I look down at the basket in front of us that has muffins and different assortments of fruit. However, I can't bring myself to eat due to the constant nervousness coursing through me every second of the day. It's like every time I'm brought back to reality, I'm reminded of just how screwed I am.