seven.

I'm woken up by the sound of my phone vibrating beside me, as I had been too scared to turn on the alarm in fear that Declan would hear. Luckily, the buzzing is enough to grab my attention as I immediately shut off the alarm and look out the window to see it's still dark out. 

I let out a shaky breath, knowing that this is all about to be real considering here I am, preparing to head towards the docking station in order to board the ship towards my new destiny. The destiny I would've never imagined for myself in a million years. 

Due to the fact I hardly slept last night, I set my alarm for the latest time possible in order to get some sleep to get me through this day. However, unfortunately, this means I hardly have any time to get ready and get out the door. Especially if I want to avoid the possibility of Declan potentially waking up.

I had snuck in his room late last night in order to turn off his alarm, as well as, text Ashton in order to tell him that Declan planned on grabbing breakfast on the way and that he'd meet him on the ship. I didn't wait for a response from Ashton as I had just wanted to get out of Declan's room as quickly as possible. 

Luckily, Declan is still the same old heavy sleeper he's always been and hardly flinched at my presence in his room. I truly don't even know what I'd do or say if I got caught. After all, I already did sign off my name and if Declan were to catch me now, I don't believe that there's anything he can do at this point. 

I'm just saving myself the pain of having to say goodbye to him or watch the hurt take over every inch of him as he realizes what I had done behind his back.

Considering the idea is hardly fathomable, I jump out of bed, wanting to get out of here as quickly as possible. All I need to do is change and brush my teeth considering they will be providing me with a bag of things once I get there. 

So with that, I rush out of bed and hurry into my bathroom in order to turn on my sink and brush my teeth. As I do so, I manage to multi-task as I change into shorts and a tank top in order to be properly dressed for whatever today may bring. 

It feels beyond strange as I'm well aware this could be the last time I ever step foot in my room ever again. Everything in here could eventually be abandoned as there will be no one to claim everything that's in here and all of this will just be memories. The thought is enough to send a shiver up my spine as I couldn't imagine my room being abandoned for eternity. 

So many memories were made in this room.

I feel a knot form in my throat as I realize the reality is, I'll probably never see this room again. All it's going to be is a painful reminder to my family of who once lived here and left regardless of their wishes for me not to. They're going to remember how desperately they warned me that I wouldn't make it out there and how I never listened. 

They'll have to walk past this room every day and be reminded of what the final round took from them.

I try to force the thoughts out of my head but they're incredibly daunting. All they manage to do is make me feel sick and defeated. I hardly have any faith in myself because I'm probably the most ill-prepared person heading into this. 

Will I even make it past training?

I spit my toothpaste in the sink, quickly putting on my sneakers as I know I have no time to be caught up in my thoughts. The longer I dwell on them, the more I'm going to procrastinate. I can't even begin to think about what will happen if I miss this ship.

Due to my fear, I hurry out of my room, choosing to keep my door open as I know I'll be far gone by the time everyone wakes up. They won't have the chance to run and try and catch me considering I doubt anyone will wake up for another few hours.