seventeen.

I never was one to sneak out.

Mostly because my parents never had strict rules growing up so I never really needed to sneak out. Due to this, my heart is racing at a million miles an hour as I wait for Michael and Ashton to get here in order to go down to the waterfront.

How I agreed to this is absolutely beyond me. I'm well aware though that there's no turning back now and that I have to commit to this. I just am terrified of the thought of being caught considering I know I'm the one who will be the most screwed. 

Nonetheless, I can't help but feel the tiniest bit of excitement. Mostly because I'll finally be doing something that feels real again. 

After all, I'll be with Ashton, who I haven't been able to properly hang out with since being here. It'll be nice to take a step back from everything and just enjoy one another's company as we don't have to worry about anything else. 

I can finally feel normal for once and do something people my age would do. Instead of the brutal training and the lack of sleep due to constant paranoia, I'll be able to enjoy the night and hopefully not look back. 

I just hope Ashton and Michael know what they're doing because Lieutenant Hemmings will absolutely torture me tomorrow if he knows that I did this. Scratch that, not even just tomorrow, for the rest of my time being here. 

I'm already on a thin thread when it comes to him.

I know Ashton will get away with it due to their friendship but I will definitely be tossed to the sharks should we get caught. Lieutenant Hemmings clearly has no shame in torturing me in any way he pleases so I know this will be no exception. 

God, I have a headache already thinking about it. 

I'm interrupted from my thoughts when there's a loud knock at my door which makes me cringe at the noise. Could they have been a little bit quieter? Regardless, I instantly get up and go towards the door, prepared to leave, when I spot Ashton standing there without Michael making me confused.

I furrow my eyebrows and tug the door open, "Where's Michael?"

"I tried to get him up and he wasn't budging," Ashton says stepping into the room. "So I left him."

I nod, shocked that Michael didn't want to come. This was his idea after all. Maybe he was tired and didn't want to get up? Either way, I'm disappointed he won't be coming. However, I know I'll enjoy my time just as much with Ashton. 

"So it's just you and me," Ashton says, walking into my room and sitting on the corner of my bed.

"Well, I'm ready when you are," I say simply, leaving my hair down as I run a hand through it.

Due to the limited attire we were provided, I plan on going in in a sports bra and spandex. Obviously, they didn't give us bathing suits so this was my next best bet. 

Ashton places his hands on his thighs to push himself up off the bed and walks towards the exit of the guest cabin. Taking the lead, Ashton opens the door for the two of us, and I slip out as quietly as I can. The thought of Lieutenant Hemmings being anywhere near terrifies me. I can only imagine the anger on his features as he looks at nothing but me with venom coursing over every inch of him.

If we were to get caught, I'm absolutely dead.

Inevitably, I begin to feel anxious and nervous that something will go wrong due to the nature of our actions. Clearly, this isn't a place to be messing around and we clearly plan on doing just that.

"Follow me," Ashton says, as I instantly trip over something making a loud noise.

I let out a squeal, annoyed at myself for doing so as I look around in alarm. Ashton just chuckles before reaching for my hand and wrapping it in his own.