fifty-eight.

I can't fall asleep.

But my mind is also racing at a million miles an hour after everything that's happened today, incapable of processing it all as I feel like this is the first moment I have to actually breathe.

I tried to shower, hoping that would relax me a bit but in reality, it did nothing as I went into bed and only felt more awake. I laid staring at the ceiling, replaying all the events from today starting with my incredible high and ending with my brother walking in moments later.

Picking up once more as I recalled everything Luke expressed to him about how he feels about me and how these were things he never told me. Not that I blame him, I just was thrown off to hear it in the situation we were in as I never knew he felt such a way.

And it comforts me in knowing that I'm not alone.

I think a big part of the reason why I can't sleep is that I'm eager for Luke to get back. I want to hear him repeat his words and continue to reassure me that they were genuine and not just what he thought my brother wanted to hear. I want to talk to him and see if we're truly on the same page with everything as I always feared I was one step ahead of him.

So when I hear my door start to slowly creak open, I can't help but turn around instantly in excitement, knowing exactly who it is as he's the exact reason I can't sleep right now as all I can think about is him

As my eyes catch sight of him, he looks to me simultaneously, looking guilty for disrupting what he probably thought was sleep. Either way, I attempt to put his mind at ease as I smile in his direction, my eyes no doubt lighting up.

"You're back," I say cheerfully.

"And I hope I didn't wake you up," he says without hesitation.

Shaking my head, I keep my cheek cuddled to my pillow as I say, "I've been up, can't really sleep."

Luke furrows his eyebrows as if discomforted by this information. I don't say anything further, hoping he'll just join me in bed and we can talk all about it then. After all, I do feel like we have a lot to talk about.

"How come?" he asks, removing his shoes from his feet as he hunches over slightly.

I shrug my shoulders, "I just wanted to talk."

Luke nods his head, seeming to understand completely as I'm sure it doesn't take a genius to understand why I want to talk. A lot happened tonight between the two of us and it certainly warrants a conversation. I don't believe it will be a hard conversation in any means, more so, one that will bring us on the same page as we can open up to one another with just the company of each other. We obviously said a lot in front of Declan but I want to know what he has to say just to me.

"You okay?" he asks, moving to the buckle on his pants next as he keeps a watchful eye on me, seeming to prepare himself for coming into the bed beside me.

"Yeah," I say without hesitation. "I just think a lot happened tonight, probably best we talk about it."

He tugs down his pants, eager to kick them off as I try not to be distracted by the sight of him undressing in front of me. I need to focus on the conversation we're about to have, not the sight of the beautiful six-foot-three man.

"Talk to me, I'm all ears," he says casually, tossing his pants to the side before grabbing the fabric of the bottom of his shirt, ready to rid himself of that as well.

I sigh, the ball being in my court as I don't know whether to feel uncomfortable or not. I don't want to throw my feelings on him but he did just openly talk about his and I'd like to believe he meant them.