sixty-seven.

"You're lucky I didn't have a gun in my hand."

Luke raises his eyebrows at me in amusement, probably not seeing me as a threat in the slightest regardless of the fact that he walked into a literal gun range with the intention of pissing people off.

"Yeah?" he asks, a teasing tone to his voice.

I narrow my eyes, "Yeah, I was about ready to put a bullet through your foot with the way you were talking to me."

"Oh come on, babe," he says, tugging me closer to him. "It was a joke. You know I'd never talk to you like that... anymore, at least."

I shove at his chest, even though I know his words to be true.

"At least let me in on the joke next time," I say, feeling worthy of that at the very least. "I don't even know what I'm getting myself into tonight."

"Don't worry, you're going to love it," Luke says, shooting me a cheeky smile as if there isn't a possibility in the world that I won't like whatever game night entails. I try to take his word for it but a part of me is hesitant about what's to come.

"Can I get a rundown?"

"Simple, two v two capture the flag, one of us will play offense and one of us will play defense," Luke explains, causing me to nod my head in response. "We have a small section of the campgrounds dedicated to the game so we're not running around all night and one of us will run out and try to get the flag while the other stays back and defends the flag."

Makes sense.

"We play with bb guns to try and stop the others from getting close," Luke continues. "The area won't be lit up so you really are going to have to rely on your sense of hearing in order to try and seek out the opponents. Especially as you're going to be playing defense and I'll be offense."

I don't fight this, not minding the setup as I remain silent, urging him to continue.

"They're more likely to be violent if you're the one crossing their territory so I'd rather be the one to take it than you."

"Think I can't handle it?" I joke.

"No, I just don't want them laying a hand on you," he says, his tone stern as he takes control of the situation.

I go to say that I can handle it when something else comes to mind that I figure is worth addressing.

"Speaking of," I say, grabbing his attention as he looks to me. "Anything happen today that you want to tell me about?"

Luke's eyebrows furrow, me raising mine in response as I anticipate an explanation regarding the person who supposedly attempted to choke him out today. Not that he's required to tell me, more so, I'm curious as to what he has to say about it. I know he'll act as if it was nothing but in my eyes, it really isn't nothing.

I don't care how strong he is.

"I don't know, you tell me," he says, as if the memory is far gone from his memory, not lingering in the slightest as it's clear how little of an effect it had on him. Figures.

"You know..." I say, my tone amusing in the slightest. "The part where you almost got killed."

Luke still seems confused before it all hits him. He gives me an understanding slow nod, looking away from me as a sarcastic chuckle leaves his lips.

"Not a single person in this place is capable of killing me, Lila."

"I wouldn't be too sure," I say to him, wanting him to be realistic with himself. "Unless your insides are lined with a bulletproof interior."