fifty-three.

"And you should probably get Lila for this."

Hearing my name, I'm confused instantly so I don't hesitate to step out, not caring if Luke thinks otherwise as I wonder what could possibly involve me. However, when I step outside, I'm surprised to see a nervous looking Michael standing to the side of an angry looking Declan.

"What's going on?" I ask, looking to Michael with sympathy in my eyes as I silently apologize for whatever my brother has dragged him into.

"Lila..." Michael starts, a pleading look in his gaze.

I look to Declan, silently begging for him to explain why he dragged Michael in here. Declan only shows pure anger in his features as his jaw sets and he doesn't look in my direction. His focus is solely on Luke right now and that only confuses me further.

"What the fuck is going on?" Luke reiterates, thankfully just as confused as myself as no one has provided us any form of explanation.

"Go on, Michael," Declan says, waving in his direction. "Show them what I saw you holding."

I stand still, exactly where I am as I don't want to get too close due to my own fear. Not that I think any of them would hurt me but I feel as if whatever I'm going to see isn't going to be something that makes me happy. For that reason, I feel like distancing myself has the capability of shielding me, if only momentarily.

Michael sighs, reaching behind him as he goes into his back pocket and pulls something out. I watch his actions carefully, noticing him looking at me for a brief moment before he hands over what looks to be a letter to Luke.

My gaze switches to Luke, desperate for his reaction as he stands in a stern demeanor, his arms crossed over his chest as his eyes are narrowed on Michael. I think he's just as aware as myself that this absolutely can not be good.

He accepts the piece of paper from Michael so I keep my eyes trained on his face as he begins reading it. I see within seconds his face contorts at something that must stand out at the beginning. My heart races in anticipation and fear as I can't imagine where this is going.

What could it possibly be?

It isn't long before Luke looks to Michael and he asks, "This is a joke, right?"

Michael doesn't say anything, his head down as he can't even look at Luke. And in this moment, I realize it's probably a million times worse than I could've ever imagined.

"This is a fucking joke, Clifford, right?" Luke asks, his voice raising as he grips the letter to the point where it practically crumbles.

Michael looks to me, as if preparing to say something regardless of the fact that he has yet to answer Luke's question. I silently beg for him to tell Luke that it's a joke and for whatever is in that letter that's making Luke as mad as he is to be a lie.

"Read the rest of it," Declan says.

"I'm not fucking going to," Luke roars, crumbling the paper into a ball, in its entirety, as he throws it across the entryway, not wanting to look at it anymore. "Because you're going to tell me what the fuck is going on before I kill you right now, on the spot."

A loud gasp leaves my lips as I place my hands over my mouth, in horror of his words as I can tell by his tone that he's not messing around. It causes my stomach to sink as I don't know what could possibly be on this piece of paper that would cause him to say such a thing.

"I-"

Luke takes a big step towards him, causing Michael to shy back as his tone is terrifying, "You think I won't kill you? After you've been-"