fifty-five.

I don't think I've looked at the campgrounds in such terror like this in a long time.

    In fact, my heart practically pounds against my chest as the only thing I can hear is the Jaws theme song in my head repeatedly. After all, I know Luke was not exaggerating when he said today would be hell.

    The good thing is, he has to go around the campgrounds in order to eye over everyone so he won't have to watch me for the entirety of the training. Instead, he's assigned Declan to stick by my side as he knew he wouldn't be able to get away with focusing just on me.

    Plus, he genuinely does want to help a lot of people here.

    If he stood and tortured himself by just sticking by my side, there would be no way of ensuring that everyone else is learning as they're supposed to. As a result, he barely said a word to me before walking off with Calum Hood out here.

    And I can tell it's because he's just as nervous as myself.

    They brought in people to help run this as I can see them all set up throughout our base, scaring me half to death as they look big and intimidating and a million times scarier than Luke.

    "Alright, everybody," Luke says, his voice roaring and lacking sympathy as he stands in front of us all, a tough demeanor surrounding him. "You will be put in groups based on your last names, that designates which section you will start at and which one you will rotate to. There is no backing out and there is no giving up. Today is going to be hell but you are all going to get through it and be the tough soldiers you are, got it?"

    I gulp, seeing the fear in everyone's expressions as I can't imagine the terrifying place this is about to be in the next few minutes. I'm terrified for myself as I know this is going to be the hardest thing I've ever done and all I want to do is prove myself further.

    I can't back down.

    Luke starts listing off which letters will be where and I'm thankful Ashton's last name is close to my own, meaning he'll also be at my station. Calum and Luke aren't going to be going through the stations as they'll be monitoring and providing the guidance along with the people who are running the stations.

    When Luke gets to my letter, he lets us know that we'll be starting at the taser dart section that apparently serves as a piercing to the skin that will send an electric bolt through you, just as a taser would. Obviously, I've never experienced anything like this in my life so I can't help but be terrified. I've only heard stories of tasers and it's no doubt that it could bring just about anyone to tears.

    I barely listen to what the other stations consist of as I try and control my breathing. I'm glad I'll have Ashton and Declan with me but I'm also aware that they won't be able to provide much support. They can cheer me on and encourage me but I'm going to be on my own when it comes to battling my pain and that terrifies me.

    But I chose to do this, I need to do this. I need to prove that I'm mentally and physically strong enough to be here.

    "Alright, let's head over," I hear Declan say from beside me, signaling that it's time to begin.

    I don't hesitate to nod my head, proving that I'm fully alert as I don't look back and begin the trek to hell. Declan stays closely to my side in a protective manner, probably wishing more than anything that I didn't have to go through this. After all, he's done this before so I'm sure he knows just how brutal this is about to be.

    "Hemmings told me he tried to give you an out of this," Declan says to me quietly as we walk with the rest of our group.

    I shrug my shoulders, "Life's not about taking the easy way out."