sixty-nine.

Luke's POV:

I'm about to lose my fucking mind.

One minute I was beating the living hell out of Henry Brown, the next, I'm on a literal manhunt trying to find Lila. Her and Ashton had left the medic after she had been properly equipped with a cast and Ashton informed me he was going to help her pack her bags.

I went to our cabin to help them just to see that she wasn't there.

Not only that, but not a single one of her items were packed. I've been trying to call for Ashton but he's ignored every single one of my walkie calls. And I want to beat the hell out of him for it.

I know they're up to something and I don't like it.

Maybe they're trying to hide Lila so she doesn't have to leave which absolutely infuriates me. She obviously needs to go home and that should be incredibly obvious. Whether she's hidden in a closet or in plain sight, I'm going to find her and I don't care what it takes.

I tried calling Calum to see if he knows where anyone is but he's not answering either. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt considering I'm assuming he's clueless about everything going on but then again, who the hell knows at this point. The fact that not a single person is answering is nothing short of alarming and I'm not happy about it.

I haven't called up Declan yet purely because I don't know what I'm going to say to him. Not only do I feel guilty as hell for asking him to come out here but I also have to admit to him that his sister was attacked, once again. He's not going to be happy and I'm trying to figure out the best way to break the news.

And I'm definitely not ready for that yet.

I decide to head towards the gun range, figuring Calum will probably be there as that's his station. I'm sure he knows more than I do. Maybe he's seen either one of them and can give me some sort of insight... if not willingly, I don't doubt I can forcefully get it out of him.

I walk towards with a clenched jaw, feeling frustrated by everyone as they clearly can't recognize how serious this situation is. Lila needs to go home and if they're going to help hide her-- it's just going to make things harder than they need to be.

Obviously, I feel fucking awful having to choose between one of my best friends and my girlfriend but I remind myself that this is what Declan would want me to do. If she's out there and can't defend herself due to the fact that she's down an arm and loses her life as a result, Declan would have me dead. I don't know how I'd explain to him that we lost her because I knew she had a broken arm but still convinced myself it was okay to send her out there.

I'd rather die out there than ever have to go home to Declan and explain to him that I put his little sister out there knowing the odds were against her.

I understand that I could potentially be losing her forever if I send her home but as I said, I'd rather her be alive and want nothing to do with me than dead, six-feet under at my expense.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

And I hope everyone can see that and won't give me problems when it comes to sending Lila home. I'm sure she's convinced them to help ensure she stays but at the end of the day, I have the final word and I don't care who I have to explain that to.

I spot the building, hoping to hell Calum's in there and I don't have to continue searching for someone further. I have no idea where the hell anyone is and no one's bothering to answer me so now I'm sending myself on a wild goose chase.