Chapter 1: farewell

Rain trickled down my window, what a peaceful sound. I looked outside my window and it was just grey and wet. I let out a sigh.
"You can do this Tory." I said to myself.
I set my black dress on my bed and I walked to my bathroom. I stood there and just looked in the mirror. I had black dark circles under my eyes from not being able to sleep in over 4 days. I splashed water on my face and I brushed my teeth. I put on my dress and I just sat on the edge of my bed. I felt numb. I just stared at my old burns and scars and the urge to do it again almost took me over.
I heard a knock at my door.
"Come in." I said
It was my aunt Rebecca.
"Honey it's time." She said
I just nodded. I grabbed my umbrella and headed out. On the drive to the funeral home I just stared out the car window. The rain seemed to calm me down.
When we got there I saw people that I've never seen before. Maybe they were my moms side of the family.
I opened my umbrella and stood next to the casket. I couldn't cry anymore, I didn't have it in me. The pastor said a few words I didn't even pay attention all I could think about was what now? What will I do?
Cancer.
That horrible disease took my mom and I hated it. She was so young... 43 years old. She didn't get to live as long as she wanted too. A 18 year old girl shouldn't be going through this. No one ever should.
As they lowered the casket I whispered
"See you soon mom. I love you."
They covered her up with dirt and I just stood there watching. Everyone soon left and I stayed there. The rain was coming down harder but I didn't care. I wanted to stay there.
My aunt came and she grabbed my arm.
"Tory let's go. It's getting bad out here."
I left a rose at her grave and we left. We drove to the house and my aunt sat down with me in the living room.
"Tory.... we all know what needs to happen now."
"I know. I have to go with dad."
She just nodded.
"You need to start packing. He'll be here tomorrow morning."
I stood up and walked to my room. I didn't want any of this. Life always seemed to kick my ass, and this time it won.....
Farewell to the happy and joyful Tory. She was long gone and I couldn't do anything about it..