Chapter 20: Dinner from Hell

Torys pov
We spent the rest of the night laying down and watching movies together. After a while we both fell asleep.
•••••••••••
NEXT MORNING
I woke up and I had a text message from my dad.
Dad: Hey come over for dinner tonight, I'd like to talk and work things out with you.
I just rolled my eyes and turned towards josh. He was still asleep. He looked so cute it made me smile.
He opened his eyes slowly and he just smiled.
"You know it's kinda weird you're watching me sleep."
"I'm sorry. I couldn't help it."
He got out of bed and threw on a shirt.
"Any plans today?" He asked
"Actually I'm not sure."
"My dad wants me to come over for dinner. I don't know if I should go."
"Well if you want I can go with you." He said while putting on his sweats.
"Could you? I mean I want to go, but if I go alone I know it will be a total shit show."
"Yeah no worries. What time?"
"He didn't say. I'll text him later and see what he says."
"Cool well I have to get home and get some clothes. You're more than welcome to come back you know."
"I know but it's going to be weird with Michelle there. I think I'll pass."
"Okay well I'll be back later. Just text me what time so we can head down there."
I just nodded. He kissed my forehead and headed out.
Me: What time?
Dad: 7 works
Josh's pov
I got home and took a quick shower.
I went downstairs to the kitchen and my mom was there cooking.
"Hey where's Michelle? I didn't see her in her room." I asked
"She went out. She said she was going to spend the night at some cabins with her friends."
"Oh okay. It's weird she didn't tell me."
"Yeah she knew you were with Tory and she didn't want to bother you."
"Oh."
"Where are you headed?" She asked
"Oh Tory's dad wants her over for dinner and I'm just going for moral support."
"That's nice. I hope she works everything out with him."
"Yeah so do I."
So do I...
Tory's pov
I DoorDashed some groceries just so I could cook something and not show up empty handed.
I made a simple salad and called it a day. I didn't know how to cook but when it came to making salads, I was the one.
The day had gone by pretty fast. It was already 5 o clock and I had to get ready. I took a quick shower and threw on my mom jeans, a black crop top, my white cardigan, and my white air forces. I didn't want to go to fancy because it was just a dinner. Not like I was going to the damn club.

I fished getting ready and it was already 6:30 and josh still wasn't here

I fished getting ready and it was already 6:30 and josh still wasn't here. I was starting to get nervous.
Ding
I opened the door and it was josh.
He had on some black joggers, a white hoodie, and some white Nikes. Typical outfit for him.

"Dude you're late! I got scared

"Dude you're late! I got scared."
"I'm sorry I got caught up at the store. I was trying to decide on what desert I should get."
"I ended up just getting a cheesecake." He said while holding it.
"It's fine let's just go."
We pulled up into my dads driveway and I could feel my heartbeat. I felt like it was going to pop out of my chest. Josh held my hand and he said
"You got this. Don't worry. If anything happens I'll be here go back you up."
I gave him a faint smile.
We walked up to the front door and before we could even ring the doorbell my dad answered. He was standing there with his girlfriend.
"Hey come in. Dinner is almost ready."
We walked in and my dad escorted us to the dining room. We sat down, I sat next to josh and my dad sat next to me.
Trina served us diner and she sat down across from me. She gave me a look. It was a look of disgust, it was the look of why are you even here.
"Thanks honey." Said my dad as she sat down.
"So let's just get straight to the point." I said
"What do you want."
"Tory." Said josh in a Hey watch it kinda tone.
"Well I wanted to talk to you about coming back to live here with me. I feel like we could all get along and you know live together as one."
"As one what dad?"
"A big olé happy family? Because frankly that's going to be hard to fucking do with her around." I said sarcastically.
"Tory please be respectful." He said
"Yeah no i won't because this women in front of me is a bitch!"
"She's so fake she hates me and if I'm being honest I hate her to!"
"Hey Tory calm down." Said josh while trying to hold me.
Trina stood up and threw her napkin on the table.
"I told you this was a bad idea. Look at her! She's so immature and she's so rude and obnoxious! I'm done!" She stormed off and I stood up and yelled
"Yeah fuck you too!"
I grabbed my purse and said
"Come on josh let's go."
We didn't even last 5 minutes at the dinner...