Chapter 10: Mistakes

Josh's pov
"He can't do that, it's not fair we did nothing wrong!" I said
"I know but he doesn't think so. He doesn't want me to be with you. He said you're a bad guy and that you'll only break my heart..."
I stayed quiet I was so mad that he would even say that about me. He didn't know me, yeah I worked with him but that didn't mean he knew everything about me.
"I'm gonna go." I walked out and I decided to walk home. I knew my mom was still mad at me but I didn't care. This was all her fault, she told Torys dad and now it's all a shit show.
When I got home she was in the kitchen.
"Josh?" She said
"I hope you're happy mom, because of you Torys moving schools and now she can't even be seen with me. I like her mom and I actually wanted to try something with her. She made me happy. You know I've been in a dark place for months now, and that was just starting to change. I'm leaving. I'll come get my stuff later."
Tears slid down her cheeks and I just walked out. I didn't care at this point.
I walked across the street to Torys house and her dad was home.
He was in the garage working on his car and he looked up at me and threw the rag on the hood.
"Get out of here." He said
"No, you're a horrible dad! How could you do this to Tory? She's been through hell and you know that, but you still want to make her life miserable! What kind of father are you!" I yelled
"You don't know anything little boy now leave!"
"You're right I don't, but I do know that she's going to hate you forever." I left and I just walked around town. I didn't want to go back to school let alone back to my own house.
Torys pov
I got home from school and my dad was in the living room. I ignored him on my way in, but he grabbed me by the arm and said
"Sit down. We need to talk."
I rolled my eyes and sat across from him.
"Josh came over today and started yelling at me for no reason."
"Well you deserve it." I said
"You don't understand Tory, I'm doing this for your own good."
"Yeah and what is that exactly? Huh?! Is it me ending up unhappy just like mom was?"
He stayed quiet.
"If you're worried about me getting pregnant just like mom did with me trust me it won't happen. I'm on birth control, trust me I wouldn't want to make the mistake of bringing another mistake like me into this world." I went to my room and I just started to cry. My dad wouldn't admit it but if I wasn't born things would be so different for him and mom. I messed up their plans and my dad hated me for that.
I sat on my room floor just crying and thinking about what would happen with me. It was getting dark and all I wanted to do was leave and never come back. I grabbed my back pack and packed some clothes. I went downstairs to my dads office and I grabbed some money he had lying around in his drawer. I grabbed my phone and I left. I took a cab to the bus station and I bought a ticket to North Carolina. I didn't want to be with miserable anymore. I just wanted to be happy...