Chapter 42: Dr. Who?

Torys pov
I woke up in the middle of the night and josh wasn't here. I looked around the whole house and nothing.i went downstairs to grab a water and I heard the door open. It was dark and I couldn't see.
I grabbed a knife from the drawer and walked towards the door.
The light turned on and I lunged towards the person.
"Woah what the fuck!" I stopped and It was josh.
"Fucker you scared me. Why didn't you just come in through the garage." I said
"Because I didn't have the remote?"
"What are you doing with a knife?"
"I thought you were a psycho who was trying to kidnap me." I said
I set the knife down and we sat on the kitchen counter.
"I have to tell you something." He said
"What?"
"I was thinking, what if your grandma comes and lives here with us? I mean she could see your dad all the time, we would take care of her and plus it would do her some good getting to know other places."
"I'll talk to my mom too about taking her to one of the cancer specialist here in Arizona. I know they have the best doctors here." He said.
"That's actually pretty smart. I think it would be good for her to change up her life." I explained
"I'll talk to my dad about it tomorrow morning. I know he's dying to come back here too."
"I just don't want to leave you know? I don't want us to break up because of this. I want us to stay together." He said
"Yeah I understand. I'll call dad tomorrow."
After our talk we both went back to bed. Hopefully we could work something out.
Morning
Me and josh woke up around the same time.
"You ready?" He asked
"Not really but it's worth a try." I said
I grabbed my phone and called my dad.
It rang 2 times and he picked up.
"Hello?"
"Hey dad I need to talk to you."
"About what?"
"So josh has a plan. I know you want to come back to Arizona and well I want to be with josh and we don't want to leave grandma alone, so what if we bring her here? She can live with me and josh and his mom even said she would get her set up with the best cancer doctors here in phoenix."
"Tory I.." I cut him off
"Before you say no just think about it dad please." I begged
"I was going to say that I agree. I think that's an amazing plan."
I smiled.
"I'll get her set up and packed and we will be there tomorrow afternoon."
"Only hard part would be trying to get your aunt down here, but I'll try my best to convince her." He said
"Thank you so much dad! Love you."
"No thank josh he's the one who came up with this. See you guys soon." He hung up and I just hugged josh.
"It worked!"
"I'm glad." He said
"I think we should go shopping for her room. We don't even have a bed in the guest room." I said
"Yeah but first we have an appointment with the cancer doctors like in an hour so get ready."
"Oh shit really?"
"Yeah my mom called in the favor and they're going to see what they can do."
This was amazing. This is the news I liked to hear.
I took a quick shower and threw on some clothes.

We headed downtown to the main office of the doctor who specialized in my grandmas type of cancer

We sat down and waited for him in the lobby.
"Babe are you okay? You're shaking." Asked josh.
He grabbed my hand and I just gave him a faint smile.
"I'm just nervous."
"Tory?" Said the secretary
We stood up and headed into the doctors office.
We sat down across from him.
He extended his hand.
"Nice to meet you two. I'm doctor Jonathan Price."
We smiled.
"Nice to meet you." I said
"So I looked at your grandmas scans and doctors notes and her history and i think she has a good chance at survival if we do surgery on her."
"What kind of surgery?" I asked
"Well myself and another doctor which is doctor Johnson would go into her brain and remove the tumor. I'm not going to lie to you, the surgery is very risky, there's a 50/50 chance she will either survive or die in the process."
"Have you done a surgery like that before?"
I asked concerned.
"I have not, but we have the best team here and we are dedicated to helping each and every one of our patients." He said.
I looked at josh and he just shrugged his shoulders. He looked concerned too.
"Can I talk with my boyfriend in private?"
He nodded.
"Sure go ahead. Take your time."
We stepped out and josh said
"It's too risky. It's better if we just keep her comfortable."
"But she can have a chance at life again, that's my number one thing josh. I want her to be with me here longer. I don't want to loose her this soon."
I started to tear up and he hugged me.
"It's better to take a risk than to not take one at all and regret it." I said
Josh looked at me and his eyes stared to water.
"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure." I said