Chapter 40: To infinity ♾

Josh's pov
"I look so ugly right now oh my god." She said while wiping her eyes.
"Haha no you don't. I mean just a little." I teased.
She pushed me and she just laughed.
"So do you want to go back?" I asked
"No It's fine. I'll just apologize to grandma tomorrow. I'll go over to her house."
"Alright Well Im only here for 2 more days. So take advantage." I smiled.
"I just wanted to spend time here with you. I don't really want to go out you know?"
I nodded. "Yeah I feel you."
2 days later.....
It was time for me to head back home to Arizona. The car ride to the airport was silent. I knew Tory was sad I had to go back. I wish I didn't have to.
She dropped me off at the gate and she just hugged me. No words no anything, just a hug.
I kissed her forehead and headed out.
This was something I didn't want to get used to.
My plane landed and vinnie picked me up from the airport.
"Hey man how did it go." He asked
"It was okay. Not enough time though." I said
"Yeah man it sucks."
"You hungry? We can go get some wings or something."
I shook my head.
"No man It's okay."
"So home?"
I nodded.
"Yeah..."
When I got home I just laid there in bed. After a few days the news Tory told me was barely starting to get to me. I don't know why, but it was.
1 month later....
It's been a month since Tory has texted me. I was in a dark place again. Mainly because I didn't have anyone to talk to and I felt like Tory just abandoned me. I didn't want this... not again
Tory's pov
I stopped talking to josh after he left. Not because I wanted to, but because I felt like I didn't deserve him. After I told him about my abortion I felt like I put a burden on him, and I felt bad.
I was in a funk and I needed answers. Last time I got this depressed was when my mom got sick. I needed to clear my mind, and I knew exactly what I needed to do..
I went upstairs to my dads room and I knocked.
"Come in."
"Hey dad." I said as I opened the door.
"What's up?"
"I think I need to go back to Texas.. like just take a drive and clear my mind and maybe visit the old house.."
he paused and looked at me.
"Take the Range Rover. Call me if anything."
I smiled. "Thanks dad."
He knew I needed this. I was so glad he understood.
I hoped in the car and I started to drive.
After about 17 hours I made it there..
i pulled into the driveway and it still looked the same.

I sat down on the hood of the car and a memory flowed through my mind

Flashback
I was 7 years old and my mom had just came back from working a 12 hour shift at our local grocery store.
She plopped down on the couch and I took off her work shoes.
"Thanks baby, gosh I'm so tired."
"Mom we're out of groceries for the week, when are we going to the store?" I asked
She let out a sigh. A sigh of stress.
"I'll go soon baby."
There was a bang at the door.
"Open the door now! Come on Amanda!" It was my moms old boyfriend Ron.
He kicked down the door. I got scared and ran over to the kitchen to hide under the table.
I heard a slap and mom yelled
"Fuck you! Get out now! I'm calling the cops!"
The porch door slammed and my mom ran over to me.
"Are you okay?" She asked.
Her face was bright red.
She cradled me and kissed my forehead.
"Men are horrible, there's only a select few who will love you for you. When you find a man like that your life will be filled with happiness always remember that Tory. Always remember you are worth it and you deserve a man who is in love with you and who treats you like a queen, never let a man disrespect you ever!"
End of flashback
"Can I help you?" I heard someone say.
It was the new owner of the house.
"I'm sorry. It's just that I used to live here and I just wanted to visit, I needed some motivation."
The elderly women smiled.
"I know what you mean."
"If you like you could go inside and look around."
"Are you sure? I would hate to be a burden."
"I don't mind honey. Go along I know what it feels like to be lost."
I smiled at her and she opened the door.
I walked to my old room and another memory came upon me.
Flashback
It was the end of 8 grade and I was getting bullied at school. I came home crying and I locked myself in my room.
My mom opened the door, she had a key to every room.
"What's wrong?" She asked
"Go away!" I yelled.
"Woah there who the hell are you yelling at ms all of a sudden grew some balls."
"Why are you crying." She grabbed my arm and I tried to push her away, at that moment she saw my burns and scars.
"What the hell is this!?"
I started to cry even more.
"Tory let me tell you something. I know how you're feeling, trust me I've been there, but this isn't the way to cope with things. If you're ever depressed or upset at the world I always want you to remember me, remember me and all of the good memories we have. Forget the bad and the ugly, just remember us. I promise you, you'll get through this."
"You're an amazing girl, screw all of those snobby ugly girls at school. They're just mad you have what they don't."
"What's that?" I asked
"A loving and beautiful soul." She said
She handed me her bracelet.
"See what that says?"
I nodded.
"That says infinity."
"It means no matter what you're going through or how you're feeling I'll always and forever be there for you."
End of flashback
I looked over at the dresser and the bracelet she had gave me was there.
I wanted to cry. Was this a sign that she was with me?
I grabbed the bracelet. I put it on and I smiled.
This is what I needed.
"Thank you mom." I whispered with tears in my eyes.