Chapter 55: Dogs?

Torys pov
"Im sorry for putting you through this Tory. You don't deserve all of this stress." She said
I shook my head.
"No don't worry about it, I promise it's not as stressful as it seems. I'm here to help you guys. I care about you, I mean you're Josh's mom."
She smiled and grabbed my hand.
"Thank you."
"Well I should probably get going, josh is at home and he's going to wonder why I was gone so long."
"I'll stop by sometime tomorrow." I said.
I hugged her goodbye and I headed home.
When I got there josh was out on the front porch just sitting there with his AirPods in.
"Hey josh." I said
He took out one of his AirPods and said
"Hey."
I sat next to him and he looked off.
"You okay?"
"I want a dog." He said
I raised an eyebrow.
"What?"
"Yeah I want a dog. I want like a golden retriever or wait no I want a chocolate lab."
"Or maybe a husky."
"Husky no way. They are way to crazy for us."
"Chocolate lab it is then. I know people I can tell them to reserve it for me."
He took out his phone and he said
"Alright done."
"I Can go pick her up at 7."
"Okay so just like that we're dog owners cool." I said
"Maybe we can get a husky too. I mean there's room for both." Said josh
He started to do his puppy dog face and I just couldn't say no.
"Fine! But your taking care of it not me! You know how I feel about huskies." I said
He smiled and just hugged me.
"Thanks babe."
"What are y'all doing out here?" Asked my grandma.
"Josh is getting dogs."
"Dogs? As in multiple." She said
"Yup."
"Lord have mercy."
"Anyway I was gonna come ask you, do you think we can maybe go to the fair that's in town. I get bored here at the house and you know I love a good fair."
"There's a fair in town?" Asked josh
She nodded.
"Yup, I wanna go before my surgery next week."
"We Can go right now, let me just get ready." I said
She smiled.
"Well hurry it up."
"Josh tell the dog dude you'll be by more later for the dogs."
I went upstairs to go change. It was hot out so I just wore some shorts and a shirt.

When I went downstairs my grandma and josh were already ready

We got into the car and headed to the fair.
When we got there I looked back at my grandma and her face just lit up. It was like the kid inside her just awoke out of no where.

We parked and we got a wristband that way we could get on all the rides

"Where too?"Asked josh.
"The Ferris wheel." 
We got in line and we got on.
My grandma wanted to ride alone so I went with josh.
We started to go up and I started to get anxious. I hated heights and rides in general.
He held my hand and smiled.
"It's okay."
I closed my eyes the whole ride, I felt like a baby but I didn't care.
We rode a few more rides and I got my grandma some fair food. That's the only good thing about the fair, the food.
It was already about 9pm and my grandma was tired so we decided to drop her off at home.
We still had to drive an hour away to get our dogs.
When we got there the guy met up with josh, I didn't get out of the car I was too tired.
After a while he opened the car door and he handed me a brown lab puppy. It was a girl and she was super cute, I fell I love instantly.

Then he got in the car and he had a baby husky

"Look this is buddy." He smiled
"So it's a boy?" I said confused.
"No she's a girl."

"Whatever anyway what are we naming this cutie

"Whatever anyway what are we naming this cutie." I said while holding up the puppy.
"I don't know what do you think?"
"I like the name Nova, it's cute."
"Nova it is then."
We drove home and we let the dogs out in the backyard to use the bathroom.
We brought them back in and my grandma was in the living room.
I carried nova over to her and she smiled.
"Oh my gosh! She's so cute!"
Nova started to lick her face and my grandma just laughed.
This is what we needed to complete our little family. This made me happy...