Chapter 11:Special

Torys pov
I waited for my bus to leave and I decided to text josh go let him know I was leaving.
I started to type but then I deleted it all. It was better if he didn't know. That way he could just live his life the way he wanted to.
It was time for my bus to leave, I grabbed my bags and sat near the back of the bus. An old lady sat next to me and she asked
"Are you going to visit family?"
"You can say that." I said.
Josh's pov
The next morning I woke up and I checked my phone. I had 20 missed calls from my mom.
"What the hell?"
I called her back and she just starting yelling
"Where are you!! Where's Tory?! Are you with her!!!!"
"What the hell calm down, and no I'm not im at Vinnies house why? Is she okay?"
"Her dad came over this morning and asked me where she was, he said she was missing. She wasn't in her room."
"Shit, I'll try to find out where she is."
I texted Tory and I just prayed she would respond.
Torys Pov
I got a text from josh and it read
Where are you???? Are you okay??
I just ignored his text and i turned my music up even louder.
6:30am next day
I got to North Carolina around 6 in the morning and I took an Uber to Charlotte where my grandma lived.
I knocked on the door and she answered.
"Hey granny." I said smiling.
"Tory? Honey what are you doing here?"
"Just wanted to visit you for a while."
"Where's your dad? Aren't you staying with him up there in Arizona?"
"Yeah....but Um we had some problems.."
"Come in honey." She said
We sat down on the couch and she asked
"So what happened? Is everything okay?"
"Well my dad kinda hit me and well I left."
"He What?!!" She said angrily
"It was just a slap but it's because he made me stop seeing this guy I really liked.. and well I got mad at him and I told him some things."
"Oh honey all this over a guy?"
"He's not just any guy though granny. He's special to me... he makes me feel special."
"Oh sweetie. Looks like you're in love."
"I'll let you stay here a few days but you gotta go make up with your pops. He's probably worried about you."
"Yeah well I don't want to go back. I'm unhappy there why would I do that to myself?"
She just sighed.
"Get some rest sweetie. You can stay in the guest room."
I went upstairs and I laid down in bed. I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep. My phone kept going off and I decided to just turn my phone and location off.
Josh's pov
I hadn't gotten a response back from Tory and I was starting to worry. I asked vinnie to take me home and as soon as I got there, there was two cop cars pulled into Torys driveway.
I quickly got out of the car and I ran over to her house.
"What happened? Is she okay!" I yelled
Torys dad grabbed me by the arm and said
"It's best if you leave."
I pulled away from his grip and I looked at him straight in the eyes and said
"This is all your fault, and if she's hurt I swear I'll go after you."
"Whatever just leave josh! Leave!"
I walked up to one of the cops and asked her what was going on.
"So any news on Tory?"
"And who are you?"
"I'm her boyfriend."
"Her dad put in a missing persons report but that's about it. Do you know anything about where she is?"
"No... i don't.." I said
"Well if you hear anything, give us a call." She handed me her card and I just sat there on the curb thinking. Where could she possibly be?
Torys pov
I woke up around 12 and I checked my phone. I had missed calls from my dad and josh. I didn't want to talk to my dad, but I knew I had to tell josh I was okay.
Me: josh I'm fine ... don't worry about me. I'll call you soon.❤️
I went back downstairs and my grandma was making lunch.
"I got a call from your dad."
"What did he say?" I asked
"He asked if I knew where you were."
My face flushed.
"Don't worry I didn't tell him you were here. He's worried though. He's a mess."
"Oh well." I said