Episode 10

It's just over 24 hours that I know him. He seems to be the only best man I've ever met in my life. He is quiet understanding and supportive not like the monster who I killed.

First time in my life I am feeling like trusting someone, trusting a man. May be I did right by offering him to stay with us like Aadya's father.

Shehnaaz: Listen aaa.. Mister husband.. fa.. fake husband (She fumbled)

Sidharth: (smiled) Sidharth! You can call me Sidharth!

Shehnaaz: Hmmm... You are elder to me.. I caa.. can't call you by name. (She said avoiding eye contact)

Sidharth: Really? I am 30. Do I look so old? Don't mind but how old are you?

Shehnaaz: I am 19. (She mistakenly disclosed her real age)

Sidharth was taken aback.
19? That child must be atleast 3 or 4. Did she deliver her at the age of 15 or 16? Is she married or did she get pregnant of an unwanted relation. Or did someone forced her?

Oh no!! At this tender age when normal teenager finds it difficult to carry the burden of few books, she is carrying a responsibility of a child. And until now, whatever I have seen, she is parenting so well. Single parenting!! Which means juggling with child, earning and looking after every single thing in house.

I wonder what is her story. I thought my life is painful but now I sense that her life would have been much more painful than mine. The words she used while stating the reason behind offering me to act as a fake father to her child was giving an overview of her struggle as a single mother.

She seems like a puzzle, a mystery and I want to know it. I don't want to invade her personal space though.

When Shehnaaz found Sidharth lost in his thoughts, she realized that she blurted out her real age.

Aadya: Sidaaat, eat your food.

Sidharth looked st Aadya in surprise and smiled listening to his name.

Shehnaaz: Aadya!! Bad manners baby! You can't call elders with their name.

Aadya: So what do I call him Mumma?

Shehnaaz: Call him.. (she paused and he looked at her) ..Papa.

Aadya: Okay. Papa eat your food!

Sidharth had an unknown alien feeling when he heard Papa from Aadya's mouth. He felt a big lump rise up from his heart until his throat, his eyes were filled with tears, and he wanted to cry. Cry out of happiness.

Flashback:
Gunjan read about the pregnancy facts on her laptop. Sidharth was lazily lying on the bed on his tummy.

Gunjan: Sidharth, listen to this..

Sidharth: Hmmm..

She looks at him and smacks his bum.

Gunjan: Get up idiot! Listen to this..

Sidharth: I am listening... Sweeeethear....(starts snoring)

She frowns and pulls him by his hair.

Sidharth: Ooouch!! What are you doing baby?

Gunjan: Waking you up! You lazy bum!!

Sidharth: Not fair yaar Gunjan. First of all you don't allow me to sleep at night demanding for different kinds of foods in the name of craving. I thought I can take a nap atleast during day on weekend but you have a problem with that as well. What is it?