Episode 20

Sidharth looks at Shehnaaz who was playing with Aadya. His mind was thinking about the chit he found in her purse. His mind was in clutter and he needed some fresh air to breathe.

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, I am going out for a stroll. Do you want anything?

Shehnaaz: Yes, Can you get some tomatoes and coriander?

He nods and leaves saying bye to both of them.
.
.
.
Sidharth returns home after around an hour but he wasn't alone but there were two more people who accompanied him. He welcomes them inside. Shehnaaz passes a smile looking at the two strangers. She spreads a mat for them to sit and looks at Sidharth out of curiosity.

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, they are Gunjan's parents. I just happened to meet them on the road. They came here to attend a wedding of their family friend.

Shehnaaz folds her hands and greets them both.

Sidharth: Mummy and Papa, she is Shehnaaz, my wife.

Mr. and Mrs. Saxena were surprised to hear that. Mrs. Saxena looked at Shehnaaz from top to bottom.

Mr. Saxena: Good that you finally decided to move on in your life. We were very angry when we lost our daughter due to your irresponsibility, but you never came back to see us. I read in the newspaper that your house was auctioned and we learnt that you went bankrupt. You didn't for once informed us about your financial conditions.

Mrs. Saxena: When did you marry.. I mean re-marry?

Sidharth: Day before yesterday.

Mr. Saxena: Oh! Congratulations.. we were late by two days. We couldn't attend both your marriages.

Shehnaaz felt a bit uncomfortable at the way they spoke. It was more of complaining than talking. She excuses herself to get them tea.

Aadya comes out of the room and hugs Sidharth.

Aadya: Papa!

Sidharth: (smiles and lifts her up) She is Aadya, my daughter.

Mr. And Mrs. Saxena: (shocked) What? But you just married day before yesterday.

They notice at Sidharth and Aadya's face resemblance.

Mr. Saxena: Were you having an affair while you were married to Gunjan?

Sidharth: No! I met Shehnaaz a week back. She is Shehnaaz's daughter but since we are married now, she is my daughter as well.

Shehnaaz enters with tea.

Mrs. Saxena: Shehnaaz, you also remarried like Sidharth?

Shehnaaz: No!!..(She blurts without thinking and pauses, before continuing with the truth) I mean I was an unmarried and a single mother.

Mr. And Mrs. Saxena look at each other. Shehnaaz goes again to the kitchen to get some snack.

Mrs. Saxena: Sidharth, you aren't so bad that you choose to marry such a girl. What was the need to remarry as well? Going by your living conditions, she isn't rich that she would take care of your financials. She doesn't even look like a proper girl to me. I mean look at her hair, she looks like a boy rather than a girl. The worst past is she is a mother of an illegitimate child. You deserved better. How can your standards be so low? Where was Gunjan and where is her?

Mr. Saxena: Absolutely Sidharth, I don't understand your motive behind marrying a girl like her.

Sidharth: Please excuse me! You are talking about my wife. I thought it was coming from a pained parents who weren't yet got over the demise of their daughter but this isn't the words of a daughter's parents.