Episode 25

Sidharth looked around for Shehnaaz and found her at the billing counter. He runs to her. The billing agent fed in the numbers in the register and generated the bill. He pays the Sodexo ànd picks up the bags while Shehnaaz had one bag and held Aadya's hand in another.

Sidharth: Hey Shehnaaz, why did you walk away without talking to Hema properly? I meet her and talk to her everyday in office, she wanted to speak to you. She was so excited to see you.

Shehnaaz glared at him and resumed walking without speaking a word. He looks at her perplexed.

Sidharth: What happened sweetheart? Why aren't you talking?

Shehnaaz: Cause I don't want to create a scene on the road. And for your information, I understood that you speak to her everyday at office. Infact you tell her much more than what she needed to know. What's the need for me to speak to her when you've told her everything already. Or does she want to learn detailed story of my life before my mom went to (whispers so that Aadya doesn't listen) prison or my life at the orphanage?

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, I didn't intended to share my story with her but she saw Gunjan's picture in my wallet when I was showing your and Aadya's picture to her and she turned out to be Gunjan's acquaintance. That's when I explained her very briefly about Gunjan's death in accident and I being married to you, and it went obvious that Aadya's birth mother is Gunjan.

Shehnaaz: I've started to feel like an option in everyone's life. The way she spoke I felt that I wasn't Aadya's mother at all. Do you even realise how difficult it is to raise a new born child? I swear on everything dear to me that I never for once think that she isn't my daughter and I shouldn't love her. It hurts! Hurts when people show sympathy not knowing that it is actually my love for her than charity or sympathy.

They reached home and unlocked the door. Sidharth firmly places his hands on her shoulder.

Sidharth: Sweetheart, I have told you this earlier as well when Gunjan's parents commented on you and I am telling you again don't think about other's opinions about us. We know what we are and I know that you love Aadya more than anyone in your life. And who said you are an option in our life? You are our life!

Shehnaaz: (eyes well up) I am not your life. Infact I am no one in your life. (Sobs) You don't love me and that's why you've been ignoring me since whole week.

Sidharth: No my dear! It's true that I am maintaining distance but it isn't because I don't love you. I love you a lot. I just don't want you to give up on your dreams. You are managing Aadya but we also need to be aware that our intimacy can lead to pregnancy. Which means a bigger responsibility which will push you away from your goal and dream.

Shehnaaz: So you plan to distance from me for 6 years? Until I complete my B.Ed?

He was speechless.
6 years is a long time. I am not being lusty but I spent over 3 years without giving any thought for my bodily desires. Now finally when I became active, I find it difficult to suppress it for another long period.

Sidharth: To achieve something, we need to sacrifice something dear. Achieving your dreams would keep you happy forever in life in the future. Satisfying bodily desire is for short term pleasure. I don't want to risk your dreams for it.

Since Shehnaaz had difficulty in expressing her feelings she chose to be quiet and just nod in agreement by putting her head down.

Nothing was normal between them since she feared even touching him. She wouldn't even look at him properly at times just to avoid any kind of feeling to arise. She made sure that Aadya would sleep in between them and never to face him. But deep inside she loved him a lot and desires too aroused. She choose to take cold bath to keep her hormones in control. She kept herself super occupied with boutique, studies, Aadya's schooling and household chores.