Episode 27

Sidharth, Shehnaaz and Aadya board the bus. They had travelled with the plan to take Lalita home with them but instead now they were carrying her ashes with them.

Sidharth hugged the pot of ashes to his chest and sat at the aisle. Shehnaaz's heart ached looking at Sidharth's sad face. There was a complete silence between the two.

I feel so guilty, he could have got maaji right after our marriage. My financial condition didn't allow him to bring her home. If at all I had money that day, he wouldn't have been so miserable.

The pain of not being able to see his mother or be with her during her demise is just so unbearable. I know the pain because I am away from my mother since 11 years. Atleast I know that my amma is alive though I shiver at the thought of imagining her life in jail. How miserable it would be.

I feel I am the bad omen in everyone's life. My amma went to jail because of my deeds. The day I first crossed path with him, he lost Gunjan, I took away his child, Aadya from him and today he lost his mom because of my financial incapability.

I feel like running away from his life because I can't see him in misery caused by my presence. But I can't do this because he loves me a lot and it would be far more painful for him.

They reached home after immersing the ashes in a river. Sidharth wanted to cry but he didn't wanted to break down infront of Shehnaaz and Aadya. Shehnaaz looked at his face and found a lot of tension building up, she was familiar with this situation as she had been always crying alone not showing her vulnerability to anyone.

Shehnaaz: Aadya's papa, I am in the boutique to check the stock. Taking Aadya as well.

He nodded and as soon as she went out he cried his heart out. Shehnaaz though was in boutique her eyes were also filled with tears because her love was in pain and she could feel it. After 15 minutes she went back, gave him some water to drink and then she hugged him tightly.

Shehnaaz: I know it's unforgivable but yet I am sorry Aadya's papa. I wish, my financial crunch had not been a barrier to get maaji home. I curse myself for being so unlucky.

Sidharth: No Shehnaaz, how are you responsible for all this? Stop blaming yourself. If anyone is to be blamed then it should be only me. If at all I had not forgotten myself and my surrounding after Gunjan's demise, mom wouldn't have had to die alone in that oldage home.

What has happened has happened. I have accepted this and I don't want to repeat the same mistake again. I am not going to let mom's death affect us. I have been ruining my present for past, but not anymore.

Thanks for understanding me Shehnaaz. You are so young, yet you understand the situations so well. Perhaps we share the same bond of pain. I feel much lighter after venting out my emotions by way of tears.

You are my strength and my weakness too. I find solace when I am with you. I love you. Please don't leave me the way other's have left me. I just have you and Aadya with me.

Shehnaaz nods no with eyes filled with tears and hugs him tightly. Aadya peeps into the room and finds them hugging.

Shehnaaz: (to Sidharth) I love you sweetheart.

Aadya comes running and pulls out his hand. They both look at Aadya's frowning face in surprise.

Aadya: Papa!! That's my mumma. I am her shweetheart. She ish not your mumma.

Sidharth and Shehnaaz look at each other in shock.

Sidharth: Yes, baby! She is your mumma and my wife.

Aadya: No, she ish my mumma and my wife.

They both were controlling their laugh.

Sidharth: Woahh!! I thought only I am possessive about my wife, but it looks like I have a big competitor now. Who am I then?

Shehnaaz: My husband.

Aadya: No, he ish my hushband.

Shehnaaz: (places her hand on her mouth) Ohhh!!! (To Sidharth) Excuse me Mr.!! Who are you? I don't know you.

Sidharth: Exactly, even I don't know you. Who are you? (To Shehnaaz)

Aadya was in shock since they both acted like strangers now.

Sidharth: Aadya is my sweetheart! Isn't it baby?

Aadya nods happily.

Shehnaaz: No way, she is my sweetheart! Isn't it sweetie?

Aadya hugs Shehnaaz with a big smile.

Sidharth: (Baby voice) Aadya? Papa sad!! Aadya no loving papa. (With a pout)

Aadya leaves Shehnaaz and hugs him.

Shehnaaz: (rubs her eyes and fake cries) Aadya doesn't love Mumma.. Mumma is very sad.

Finally, Aadya puts her tiny hands around both their necks. Shehnaaz and Sidharth's forehead touched her cheeks as she hugged them both.

Aadya: Aadya loves both mumma and papa.

Sidharth and Shehnaaz hug by putting their hands around Aadya. Sidharth kisses them both. Their love was so strong that his pain looked small infront of it.
.
.
.
It was just another day when Shehnaaz sat in her boutique studying when a customer enters and looks around at the flowers.

Shehnaaz: Hi, Good afternoon.

Customer: Hi, my name is Steven, I am an event manager. One of my client has a party on his yacht and wants it to be decorated with white and blue orchid flowers. My regular flower vendor cum decorator isn't available since few days. I was wondering if you could help with the bulk order and decoration.

Shehnaaz was excited and nervous since this could mean a bigger breakthrough for her.

Shehnaaz: What are your requirements?

Steven shows her the paper and explains her the details and requirements.

Steven: Do you think you can do this?

Shehnaaz: Sure, I can.

Steven: Excellent!

They discuss the rates and total cost of decorating.

Steven: I'll give you Rs. 50,000 as advance now. Remaining Rs. 2.5 Lac will give on the day of the event. Here is my number.

Shehnaaz agrees and Steve leaves. Shehnaaz calls her vendor and negotiates the rates and places an order for the said date.
.
.
.
Shehnaaz excitedly and eagerly waited for Sidharth to return from office to give him the news of the big contract she got. The moment he came home, she jumps in excitement and hugs him and kisses him. Sidharth smiles and points at Aadya since Aadya had been possessive about Shehnaaz kissing or hugging Sidharth since few days. Hence, they would hug or kiss and shared romantic moment only when Aadya wasn't around or watching them.

Shehnaaz: Jaanu (That's what she started calling him now) I am so happy and I have a very good news to share.

Sidharth: What? Are you pregnant? How? Did you miss your pills? (Shocked)

Shehnaaz: What? No!! Wait!! I am not pregnant.

Sidharth sighs.

Shehnaaz: What's with that reaction huh? Won't you be excited if I am pregnant? (Frowns)

Sidharth: Hmmm.. I am sorry sweetheart. I will be delighted but was just worried for your studies and career. Anyways, so what's the good news then?

Shehnaaz: (resumes her smile and excitement) I got a big contract for yacht decoration today. I will make a profit of 72,000 if it works out.

Sidharth: Woah! You've hit the jackpot.

Shehnaaz does a small dances while she nods and Sidharth watches her with a huge smile. Aadya looks at Shehnaaz dancing and she dances with her.

_________________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️