Episode 32

Sidharth was unable to concentrate at work. There was a void in his life. He was fighting a battle within himself. His brain asked him to believe his eyes - the letter, marriage annulment paper and Shehnaaz traveling with another man in a big car. However, his heart was just refusing to believe anything which his eyes witnessed. His heart was not simply his, it belonged to Shehnaaz.

He held his head in his hand unable to think anything properly. The office boy walks in and gives him an envelope.

Sidharth: What's this? Who gave it?

Office boy: I don't know. Someone gave it to the receptionist and said it's personal.

Sidharth: Okay, thank you!

Sidharth opens the envelope and finds a letter in it.

"Your wife is kidnapped by Gangster Devraj. Devraj is smitten by her beauty. Save her before he forcefully marries her - Well-wisher"

Sidharth was panic-stricken. He rushed to the receptionist to ask who delivered the letter but she couldn't remember the person's face.

He takes an off and goes to the police station. He asks the police to file an FIR against Devraj.

Police: What is this Mister? You are simply wasting our time based on some baseless letter. You are believing someone else's letter than your own wife's letter where she clearly states she doesn't want to stay with you and you vouch that it is indeed her handwriting. We cannot file a case on baseless claims. Get a strong evidence against him.

Sidharth: What? I have to bring evidence? What are you here for then?

Police: Listen, don't teach me my duty. Else I'll file some false accusation against you and lock you up in the jail. Think about your daughter. Go home and take good rest. After someday get married to some good looking girl.

Sidharth was fuming with anger but he didn't wanted to land in jail leaving Aadya behind when he knew that the police are not going to help him in this.

Useless creatures! I have to find out myself. I am worried about Aadya, who will take care of her since this is dangerous situation. How and from where do I start? I know nothing!

He picks Aadya from daycare and goes home disheartened and tensed thinking what to do? He finds a lady sitting near his house door. She stood up looking at them. Sidharth looked at her perplexed.

Lady: Shehnaaz!

Sidharth: (His eyes widen and he speaks restlessly) Where is she? What do you know about Shehnaaz? How is she?

Lady: I am Harpreet Kaur, Shehnaaz's mother. You are Sidharth right and she is Aadya? Bebu had sent me your picture. Where is my bebu? Why do you look tensed and why are you inquiring about her to me?

Sidharth: Amma! Shehnaaz, Shehnaaz has been kidnapped. (His eyes well up)

Harpreet: (shocked) What? I thought I will surprise bebu as I got released early due to my good conduct. I was so happy that I could see my munchkin after 11 long years. Oh God! If you want me to never see my child then please take my life but don't trouble my Bebu. (She prayed)

Sidharth: Amma, Looks like God has sent you for my help. I want to go in search of her but I was worried about Aadya. Will you look after Aadya in my absence?

Harpreet: I will. I will. Just get my daughter back home safely.

He didn't know how to start the search and where to find Devraj. He starts asking random people for his address but he got no clue. He comes back home where the two ladies Harpreet and Aadya looked at him. Their eyes probed him 'where is Shehnaaz?' though their lips were silent. They hoped to listen to a favorable response but all they got was disappointment.
.
.
.
Every minute spent away from Sidharth and Aadya seemed like a millennium to Shehnaaz. She was given time to rest by Devraj to recover physically but mentally and emotionally she knew she could never recover.