Episode 29

Robert escorts her to the venue. She inspects the place and plans the decoration before starting. A group of four people comprising of 2 men and 2 ladies arrive to help her with the decoration who she had hired on a day wage basis.

He instructs the team on what exactly needs to be done and accordingly they start the work. Her phone beeps.

It was a message from Sidharth.
"Missing you!!"

She smiles and replies back.
"Missing you too jaanu. Did she sleep?"

He replies
"Yes, sweetheart! She is sleeping cozily. Only I am unable to sleep."

She blushes automatically and replies
"Close your eyes and rewind to the day when we first met on the bus, our marriage, our first kiss, our  confession, our romance and all the good time we spent together. You might either fall asleep or pull off the night thinking about good memories until I come home and add the fresh ones to it."

He messages..
"Sounds good idea. I am working from home tomorrow and working with my wife as well. See you soon wifey!"

She replies with a smile..
"I love you 😘😘😘"

He replies..
"I love you too.. 😘😘😘"

She blushes with soft smile and lifts her head up to find Devraj standing infront and observing her.

Shehnaaz: S.. S.. Sir.. When did you come?

Devraj: When you were busy with your phone. I gave you the contract because I thought you were loyal, determined and devoted towards your work. Looks like you plan to prove me wrong.

Shehnaaz: No sir, I am not going to leave any job unfinished. Be least assured that I am going to do full justice to my work!

Devraj: Listen! You are no one to me that I believe your words. I have paid you the money in advance, I don't want to risk my wedding due to your carelessness. If you are so sure, you shouldn't have any problem in signing a contract that you will return the entire fees incase you are unsuccessful in your work. I want this decorated fully by 11am.

Shehnaaz: Huh? Contract?

Devraj: Why? Looks like you don't trust yourself or your own words. I don't tolerate any mistakes in my work. So I have a better standby team who can use the same flowers to decorate it. Sign the contract or leave by returning your fee money.

Shehnaaz: Sir, you are challenging my ability. I trust myself and I stand by my words and commitment, I choose to sign a contract than leave. I will complete my job by 11am

Devraj: Fine! As you wish. Robert!! (Forwards his hand)

Robert gives him the contact paper and he passes it to Shehnaaz. She signs the document quickly and without wasting time runs to check the decoration.

Devraj: Shehnaaz, once done, you need to also get my bedroom decorated for the nuptial night. You ain't leaving until you get it done.

Shehnaaz turns back and nods. Devraj leaves from there. Shehnaaz and her team work overnight to get the moulds ready post which they get the  hall decorated with flowers. She sipped coffee to keep away her sleep. Once done she inspected the entire venue for any mistakes or incomplete works left. She was satisfied with her work. She gave money to the team and thanked them.

Once they left, she took a broom and cleaned up the entire mess created during the decoration. Her back ached but she was determined and also had an experience in tolerating pain since her childhood. She looked at the time, it was 10:55am. The hall looked marvelous and presentable. She glanced through the hall and smiled.

Shehnaaz: Wow Shehnaaz!! This is how every bride would want to get married. This might match the dream wedding of every girl. Superb, bravo, great job!! (She patted her back)

"Superb, Bravo, Great Job!"

A voice came from behind. She turned back and found Devraj standing behind at a 2 arms distance.

Shehnaaz: Huh?

Devraj: You were appreciating yourself. Appreciation should come from others cause it's unbiased. So I appreciated your work in the same words. This is good. I hope my bride likes it.

Shehnaaz: She will surely!

Devraj: The wedding is in the evening, so Robert will escort you to a guestroom where you can get some rest before you start decorating my bedroom.

Shehnaaz: Huh? I need to go home. I will come back in evening and get your bedroom decorated.

Devraj: You've signed the contract. I said you ain't leaving until you complete the work.

Shehnaaz: Huh? Then let me get it decorated now itself.

Devraj: I don't want to spend my nuptial night on stale flowers. I want it on fresh ones. So you don't have an option.

Shehnaaz was annoyed but she didn't have any option. She nods to say okay in disappointment.

Devraj: Be professional! How are you going to flourish in your future in your business if you behave like this?

Shehnaaz looks daggers at him.

Devraj: I am telling you this because I am a businessman myself.

Shehnaaz: Mafia business!!

Devraj: Yes, I stick to my commitments and complete my job even by risking my life. That's why I have a name of my own! People bow down at me!

Shehnaaz: They don't bow down at you because of the way you do your business or as respect. They bow down at you out of the fear. There is a difference.

Devraj: Fear!! You don't seem to be feared by me since you are back answering me.

Shehnaaz: I am not back answering, I am just presenting my views in front of you.

Devraj: Keep it to yourself cause I already have my own. Get your work done in the evening and leave. Bye!

She smirks once he leaves. Robert escorts her to the guestroom. Shehnaaz pulls out her phone which was on silent mode. There were 25 missed calls from Sidharth and few more messages.

Oh God! Jaanu must be so worried. I got so engrossed in completing my work that I couldn't call him and after that this jallaad asked me to stay back until I complete my task. For decorating his bed, he is keeping me away from my husband.

She dials his number and calls him.

Sidharth: Hello, Sweetheart did you reach home?

Shehnaaz: Huh? Where are you?

Sidharth: Sorry sweetheart, I had to come to office. An international client arrived who was supposed to meet tomorrow but he got an immediate other commitments which requires him to travel back tomorrow so they asked me to prepone the meeting to today. I will be busy whole day in meeting. I have asked Aadya's school to have her in a post school day care today so that you get to grab your sleep since you were up all night working. I will pick her up in the evening while coming home. Okay?

Shehnaaz: Hmmm.. Okay! Jaanu, I..

Sidharth: Huh!! Yeah yeah.. I'm done. Oh! Did he arrive?... (To Shehnaaz) Hey Shehnaaz, the client has arrived, I'll see you in the evening at home. Sorry sweetheart. I love you. Ummuahh..

Shehnaaz: Yeah.. I.. (disconnected)

Shehnaaz looks at the phone in disappointment.
hmmm.. even he is committed towards his work. He has got so busy already. That's good! Let me also concentrate on my work. Anyways, he said Aadya is in daycare so I need not worry about that as well. How I miss them both. Hmm.. let me sleep for a while.

She eats the food given to her by maid and sets an alarm for after few hours and goes to sleep.

______________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️