Episode 14

On their way home there was an absolute silence between them. Upon reaching home, Shehnaaz went to the kitchen and cried softly as her status was again creating hindrance to Aadya's school admission.

Sidharth went inside to drink water. She wiped her tears immediately but the red colour of her eyes couldn't hide her emotions.

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, are you okay? What happened? Why are you crying?

Shehnaaz couldn't hold her emotions now and she weeps like a little child showing him her vulnerable side for the first time. It was a cry of a helpless mother. He didn't know what to do. He immediately hugged her to console her.

Shehnaaz: (speaks as she cries) I never wanted to give up but today I understood that I am a loser. I failed being a mother. My child gets denial for school admission due to my status.
I hate myself and I feel cursed being a woman.

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, calm down! Calm down! Stop cursing yourself. Will see what we can do. Only with calm mind we can take good decisions.

Shehnaaz was softly sobbing in his embrace. He was slowly patting her to console but deep inside he could feel her pain. He wondered since how long she had been going through this pain. Where is the culprit who gave her the responsibility of a small baby and left her alone to suffer.

She had stopped sobbing but none left each other's embrace. Aadya walks inside and looks at them. She goes near them hugs both of them by their leg with her tiny hands.

They both look down at their little bundle of happiness, Shehnaaz kneels down, so does Sidharth. She hugs Aadya and Sidharth wipes Shehnaaz's tears. She looks into his eyes and he looked into hers for sometime. He ducked closer and kissed her forehead, she shut her eyes. He than hugged them both.

He was so connected with them that he felt, he had been with them since a long long time. They were just a part of him and his past pains hid somewhere when he was with them. Her sorrows felt like his and her happiness brought joy to him.

Shehnaaz was again lost into an alien feeling. His embrace gave her solace and was an escape from the pain. There was a different sensation happening on her forehead from the moment his lips touched them.

They were brought back into the present by Aadya's words.

Aadya: Mumma, I am hungry.

They both released their embrace. Shehnaaz smiled at Aadya and nodded yes! Sidharth picked up Aadya and went outside whereas Shehnaaz washed her face and started cooking food.

As she cooked, she was lost in thoughts alternating between Aadya's school admission and her feelings for Sidharth. On the other hand, Sidharth too was lost in the thoughts to address the problem they were facing.

She served food on plates as they sat together for their lunch. Sidharth held her hand suddenly and Shehnaaz dropped the serving spoon in her hand looking at him.

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, you are bleeding.

He puts her forefinger in his mouth immediately. Shehnaaz felt a current pass through her whole body and the source was his warm mouth.

Shehnaaz: (Fumbled upon every word) Aa.. aa.. Ju.. Just g.. got.. a cu..cu..cut!

He left the finger and pulled her up and dragged her to kitchen.

Sidharth: Just a cut? It's deep and you are bleeding. Stop taking so much tension that you don't even know your external pains.

He placed her hand in water. She looked at him in silence not listening to any of his words.