Episode 30

"Mujhe maaf kar do, mein iss shaadi se khush nahi hoon. Mera dum ghooth raha hai iss rishtey mein. Mein tumse bahut dur jaa rahi hoon. Mujhe doondhne ki koshish bhi mat karna warna mein apni jaan de dungi. Mujhe marna gawaara hai par tumhare saat puri zindagi jeena nahi hai"

(I am sorry, I am not happy in this marriage. I feel suffocated in this relationship. I am going away from your life. Please don't try to search for me else I will kill myself. I would like to die but not spend my whole life with you)

Sidharth read the letter again and again for n number of times. There was a marriage annulment paper as well which stated that Shehnaaz was seeking to annul the marriage because Sidharth was having an extra marital affair with someone else.

This can't be real! What the hell is this? This can't be her letter. But it is indeed Shehnaaz's handwriting. I am having an extra marital affair? Has she gone mad? Why did she do this to me? I believed her each an every word from the time I met her. She hid so many secrets from me and then gave so many reasons to prove that she was helpless.

What is happening in my life? Why is it so complicated? Shehnaaz were you really not happy with me? We didn't argue or fight since few days. Last time we had differences were when she thought I was ignoring her and spending time with Hema. Though I didn't give reason for Hema, I made sure that we satisfied our bodily desire. Then why did she chose to go away? Does she still have doubts about Hema? I did meet Hema casually 2 days back on my way back home from office, when she dropped me home after offering lift. Did she see us and mistook it? I can set this right if I talk to her.

He tries calling her number but it was switched off. He kept calling her every 2 minutes. The tension was taken over by frustration and frustration was taken over by anger and the anger was building hatred.

Aadya: (hugs him) Papa, where is mumma? I want mumma. (Cries)

Sidharth: Just shut up! You are not getting any mumma. She left us. She got a big contract, more money so she doesn't want us now. (Says with anger)

Aadya was scared to see him so angry and the tone was threatening her. She stood two arms away from him. He looked at her after 2 minutes and he realised that he scared her.

Sidharth: (kneels down, holds his ears and cries) I am sorry baby, I am sorry. Please forgive your papa for shouting at you. Please, I am sorry.

Aadya looks at him with tear built-up eyes and bursts out crying with heavy choking voice. He immediately hugs her to calm her down.

Sidharth: I am sorry dear. Your mumma left me broken.

She could have asked me or argued with me before deciding to leave us. I was mistaken to think that she was matured for her age. She took a childish decision and may not realise it as well since she is young and will get better man in life too.

But how could she leave Aadya and go? May be I was wrong to think she was better mother than Gunjan. She can never be better than Gunjan because Gunjan kept Aadya in her womb for 9 months and gave birth. Shehnaaz can never justify those 9 months with her 3 and a half years as well. Step mother is always a step mother.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realise that Aadya fell asleep hugging him. He placed her on the bed and lied beside her.

My life is just a painful shit. I gave permission to every person to hurt me. My own mother hurt me by keeping me away from my child. I wish if she hadn't taken this decision, I wouldn't have met Shehnaaz or wouldn't have fallen in this shit. Ultimately, it's just me and my daughter, Aadya only. I thought I would die without you Shehnaaz but I don't want to die for the person who doesn't even care for me, my feelings, my love and my child.