Episode 12

Shehnaaz serves lunch and all three settle on the mat to eat.

Aadya: Papa, you already ate your lunch. Why are you eating again?

Shehnaaz looked at them in confusion.

Shehnaaz: You already had you lunch? When? Where?

Sidharth: (smiles) Yes, I ate rotis and curry made by Aadya. I must say they were very yummy. Now I thought that I have to see if Aadya makes best roti or Aadya's mumma makes best roti.

Shehnaaz: (smiles) Oh!! Aadya makes the best roti, there is no doubt in it. Right baby?

Aadya cutely nods her head in agreement. Sidharth takes his first bite and looks at Shehnaaz. She was already looking at him for the feedback. He gestures that its nice.

She smiles and takes her first bite and realises that she had forgotten to put salt in it

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

She smiles and takes her first bite and realises that she had forgotten to put salt in it. She looks at him again who was simply eating the food by putting his head down.

Aadya: Mumma, it's not good. I don't want to eat it.

Sidharth lifts his head and looks at Aadya and then towards Shehnaaz who frowned at him.

Shehnaaz: Very good Aadya, honesty is the best policy. (glares at Sidharth) Baby, I'll make you a roll of this roti with your favourite jam. okay?

Aadya nods with a smile. Sidharth understood that the message was meant for him.

Sidharth: Aadya, honesty is the best policy but it isn't good to hurt mumma's feelings when she had put hours of effort to cook this food especially for us. Stepping in other's shoes before speaking is empathy.

They gazed into each other's eyes.

Shehnaaz: Pointing out at mistakes helps you to be cautious and perform better in future that's called constructive criticism.

Sidharth: Nobody commits mistake deliberately. Only crimes are committed deliberately. So there is no need to hurt the sentiments of the person who made mistake.

Shehnaaz: Unrectified and continuous mistakes are also crime.

Aadya: Mumma.. The food wasn't good, give me roti and jam.

They both look at direction from where Aadya was speaking. They were so lost in looking into each others eyes and the conversation that they didn't realise Aadya was standing outside the house.

Shehnaaz: Baby!! What are you doing there?

Aadya: Stepping inshide your shoes before shpeeking..

They both burst out laughing as they see Aadya wearing Shehnaaz's shoe

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

They both burst out laughing as they see Aadya wearing Shehnaaz's shoe. Her tiny feet required less than half of the shoe space. Aadya tries taking a step and trips off. Both Shehnaaz and Sidharth run towards her leaving the food they had in their hand.

Sidharth goes to pick her up as she was crying whereas Shehnaaz looks at her calmly and stops him from doing so.

Shehnaaz: Baby, what happened? You are a brave girl, right? It's in okay dear. You need to get up! Remember, no crying. Pain is a part of life. Be a strong and a brave girl.

Sidharth looked at her in surprise.

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, she is a tiny little bub. She needs a cuddle, care and protection. She is hurt.

Shehnaaz: No, she is a brave girl. She isn't vulnerable to such small pains. She doesn't need sympathy or protection but she needs to learn and gain strength to combat and defend for herself. I care for her equally but I want her to be strong herself.

Sidharth facepalms but the next moment he was surprised to see Aadya stopped crying and got up herself and dusted her hands.

Shehnaaz: Did you get any bruises or pain, sweetheart?

Aadya: No mumma!!

Shehnaaz: There, give me high five baby!

They both high five and she helps her wash her hands and takes her in to give a chapati roll she asked for. Sidharth goes in slowly and resumes eating while lost in his thoughts.

Shehnaaz's approach to life is so different. Though her ideology looks harsh but she is so getting Aadya prepared for her future. Future where is doesn't have to depend on any man to protect her. After today's incident at the market, I gave lecture to her that lady should take stand for themself but little was I aware that she is a step ahead of me. What is so intriguing about her that I feel like knowing her part of story so desperately. Why am I thinking so much about her?

Shehnaaz turns on the night lamp which she had bought from the market. She kisses Aadya and makes sure that her bedsheet is properly tucked before she lied beside her.

She looks at Sidharth in that dim light. He had curled up on that not so long mat. She rewinds the entire day in her mind which she had spent with him. There was an alien feeling rushing through her. She was unaware what it was. She kept gazing at his sleeping figure until she fell asleep.
.
.
.

After finishing their household chores, they sat to have breakfast. Once done, Shehnaaz goes near Sidharth who was actively searching for job online.

Shehnaaz: Aadya's Papa... Aadya and I are going to look for a rental accommodation.

Sidharth: Huh?? Wait! I'll also come with you. What will I do sitting here alone.

Shehnaaz: Would you?

Sidharth: Yes.

Shehnaaz smiles and nods okay.

Sidharth: By the way, today's breakfast was very delicious. The best I ever ate and this isn't a lie.

Shehnaaz: Thank you for the compliment. (Blushes)

He smiles as he gets ready and they go to an address. The owner feels happy to see their little family.

Owner: I kept this house vacant for so many days. I wanted only good family to be my tenant. I have my own grown up kids and don't wanted any bad influence to be picked up by them. You know how people are these days. But looking at your sweet family, I am very impressed. I am willing to let this house on rent to you along with the garage infront.

Shehnaaz: That's so nice, I don't have to look for a seperate shop for my flower boutique elsewhere if you allow me to use it for that purpose.

Owner: Whatever works out for you! I am waiting down, you can inform me your decision after you two discuss.

The owner goes down.

Sidharth: He thought I was your husband but after I have a job, I'll have to go away.

Shehnaaz: Why?

Sidharth: Huh?

Shehnaaz: You are alone, so are we, we can share the rent and expenses and stay the way we've been from 2 days.

Sidharth was happy that he could stay with them even after getting a job. That was all her was wanting yesterday and today it turned out to be true.

He agrees and Shehnaaz was happy as well since she didn't wanted him to leave them either.

They speak to the owner and decides to move the day after tomorrow since they had to go for Aadya's school admission interview the next day.

_______________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️

Short one but I'll try to give you longer one tomorrow..

Sorry for delay as you know that I had been very sick and couldn't give time to write. 🙏

Solace In Love ✅जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें