Episode 21

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, I don't want to make any decision in haste but I might be the first husband who is shocked to find his wife is a virgin. That blood on the mat is screaming that you are not Aadya's mom. Speak up before I assume something and walk away from you forever.

Shehnaaz understood the reason behind his questioning. She decides to continue from where she left that day. She wrapped a shawl around herself.

Shehnaaz: When master tried to rape me, I struggled a lot to escape. He was overpowering me because I was just 16 and he must have been over 40 year old and a hefty man. He climbed upon me by pinning me to the bed and I kicked him hard with my knee on his balls. He shrieked in pain moving away holding them. I picked up my old clothes and ran away from there. His guards chased me upon his orders but somehow I managed to keep them off due to dark night. I kept running in fear of getting caught that I didn't realise when the night passed and turned into a bright day.

I fell on the ground and gasped for breath sitting under a tree. I was hungry, thirsty and tired. After a brief period, I got up again and walked slowly. I quenched my thirst from a tap on the way but I kept walking. I wanted to go far away, where the master or his guards won't find me.

I reached the road and I decided to ask for help by asking for a lift. Unfortunately, the road was not a busy one. There were hardly any vehicles moving on it but then I saw a car with an L board on it, I waved at it.

I was panic-stricken and wanted to take the lift so eagerly but the car didn't stop. It drove past me and the next moment the car collided into a tree. I ran towards the car and I saw a pregnant lady in the car and a man sitting next to her. The lady was shrieking in pain. (Stopped)

Shehnaaz looked at Sidharth whose eyes were filled with tears remembering the similar incident in his life not knowing she was talking about the same incident.

Sidharth: Why did you stop? (Wiped his tears) Continue!!

Shehnaaz: I called up the ambulance using his phone and accompanied them to the hospital. I informed his mother as well. I waited along with his mother outside. The nurse came with a new born baby in her hand but also announced the death of the baby's mother. Instead of taking the baby in her hand, his mother rejected her. She asked the nurse to throw the baby in an orphanage by giving her some money.

I, being an orphan myself and knowing the pain behind it, begged the nurse to give me the baby. I became a mother at the tender age of 16. Aadya is.. your and Gunjan's child. She isn't an illegitimate child.

Sidharth was in a bigger shock and he knew she wasn't lying because he had seen a birth certificate which matched the details. He took time to register. His mind was filled with so much information that it didn't know how to react. He was going mad.

Shehnaaz: (shook him) Aadya is your child.. She is Gunjan's flesh and your blood! She is born out of your wedlock and not illegitimate. (Cries)

Sidharth: (smiled) She is my baby? (Laughed) She is my daughter! My daughter is alive!! Aadya is my own blood. (He pointed to his chest proudly everytime he said mine) Mine and Gunjan's baby..

Though Shehnaaz felt like a stranger and an unwanted when he said 'mine and Gunjan's baby', she smiled looking at his happy face but soon his face expression changed. He was crying.

Sidharth: My mom told me that my baby was no more. She lied to me. She asked my baby to be thrown into orphanage? Why?

Shehnaaz: Because.. She thought she was a bad omen and she took away her daughter-in-law at birth. You were in critical condition. She feared that if she stays with you then her bad omen will harm you as well. She clearly said that your life will be spoilt with this child and you wouldn't re-marry or settle back in life due to the child.