Episode 18

Sidharth, Shehnaaz and Aadya, went to the registrar's office along with all the required documents after the marriage. After 4 hours of waiting, they finally got their marriage certificate.

They feed each other the same sweet which Sidharth had bought last night on getting a job. Shehnaaz smiled from ear to ear looking at the marriage certificate.

Shehnaaz: This is our Aadya's post graduation convocation certificate.

Sidharth: (perplexed) What?

Shehnaaz: Aadya will get admission in school, she will study and pass all the classes to reach post graduation and get a convocation certificate. All because of this one certificate.

Sidharth: (smiles) I am just amazed by the way you connect all your happiness to Aadya. You ought to be the best parent.

Shehnaaz: It has become a habit to only think about her. But that won't mean I will pay less attention to you.

Sidharth: I want you to pay attention towards yourself as well. Loving yourself won't reduce your love for others around you. Your loved ones will be happy when they see their loved ones happy. Self love is as important as loving others. Understood?

Shehnaaz: (nods) But how do we love ourself?

Sidharth: By not suppressing your desires, pampering yourself and ordering your husband to give whatever you want. (He pinches her nose)

Shehnaaz: Aaauuucchhh! (Shrieks)

He laughs as she glares at him with a pout.

It was evening, when they reached home. His heart ached when they normally entered inside the home. She was his bride but she didn't get a welcome which every bride gets while she enters their home for the first time post marriage. They didn't have anyone to do aarti or place red vermilion water for her to step in and walk inside the house. The custom which depicts the entrance of the pride of the house and the queen of the groom's heart who would bring joy, auspiciousness and prosperity into their life.

He kept observing her. She freshened up and immediately entered the kitchen to cook dinner for them. He let Aadya play with her toys and went to the kitchen. She was securing the cooker on the stove unaware that he was standing and watching her from behind. He waited for her to finish and turn. She got shocked to find him behind all of a sudden.

Shehnaaz: You scared me!! (She smiled)

He cupped her face and kissed her whole face and hugged her tightly. She was shocked not knowing how to react. She hugged him back softly.

Sidharth: I am sorry, Shehnaaz.

Shehnaaz: For what?

Sidharth: You are my bride and you didn't get the treatment which every new bride gets. Neither you got a welcome nor the feast. You have to cook food on your wedding day. It looks like just another random day in our life whereas wedding days are a part of special memories in everyone's life. Everytime I think I will make life better for you, I find I couldn't do what is required in the present.

Shehnaaz: Aadya's papa, I have come from nowhere to here. People respect unmarried girl and married lady but not the single mother. I would get the respect which every married lady gets in the society. This itself is a great memory for me to cherish. It's the same house I entered which I left in the morning. What matters to me is entering your heart. Finding a place to stay there forever. My home is not what is made of bricks but these strong arms in which you are holding me right now.

He pulls out of the embrace, still holding her arms and looks into her eyes. He could feel her shiver and see her face turn pink blushing under his gaze. He adored his new bride's face.