Episode 36

It was over a month and a half since their grand wedding. Shehnaaz had been getting a good business as an event manager. Yes! Event manager!! Devraj gifted her an entire event management office. She has her own team who worked on her instruction. Her wedding decorations were highlighted in magazines with Devraj's influence.

Sidharth wanted to politely decline his gifts but Devraj would always state that he was doing it because he owes his life to Shehnaaz and also because they were like his family now.

Shehnaaz didn't find time to study as she was actively involved with the work with great interest and enthusiasm.

Shehnaaz: Amma, I want to see a doctor. I am not keeping well since few days.

Harpreet: What is it bebu? What's happening?

Shehnaaz: I feel fatigued, sleepy and also nauseated.

Harpreet: Bebu, are your periods regular?

Shehnaaz: No Amma, it's been over 2 months that I haven't got one. Is that the reason behind my sickness?

Harpreet: Bebu (with joy) I think you are expecting a baby.

Shehnaaz: Huh? What? But how? I am taking pills.

Harpreet: Show yourself to the doctor and ask him the question.

Shehnaaz was confused so she doesn't react much. She books an appointment with the gynecologist and visits with Sidharth after doing all the tests.

Doctor: Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Srivastava. You both are expecting a baby.

The two look at each other in surprise.

Sidharth: Are you sure doctor? Cause she's on using contraceptive pills.

Doctor: The reports confirm it. Did you miss any pill Mrs. Srivastava?

Shehnaaz: Hmm.. yes!

Sidharth: What? When and why?

Shehnaaz: When I was in Devraj's captive.

Sidharth: This Devraj seems to be dictating our lives. Everything is gone for a toss.

Shehnaaz: Aren't you happy for our baby?

Sidharth: I am! But it should have been our plan, not some Devraj. Besides, what about your dream Shehnaaz?

Shehnaaz: You know I've never made any rigid plans in my life. I just go with the flow. And it's not Devraj's plan. How can it be his plan when the father is you. It's God's plan.

The doctor who tried to avoid their conversation for long, finally coughed so that they were made aware of their surrounding.

Doctor: I thought I would give you some time to celebrate but.. is there any problem?

They both looked at each other, not in a great mood and then at the Doctor and nods no.

Doctor: It's important for the mother to be stress free so make sure the differences are sorted out. For now we want you get an ultrasound and I'll give you some supliments to take. Remember, don't take stress, it has a great impact on not only your health but the baby in your womb as well. Next visit in 2 weeks after your scan.

Shehnaaz nods and they leave. She looked at his face which didn't show any happiness. The thought that he wasn't happy was bitting her from inside.

Why is he being so disinterested? I know this is not his first time fatherhood but do people not celebrate the arrival of their second child? Is he doubting my modesty by any chance? I accepted his and Gunjan's baby wholeheartedly in my life even though not being her biological mother but the baby in my womb is equally his and he is the biological father as well.