19

Mature content ahead.

_____

"Clarke!" Theodore yelled after her as she stormed out of the hall. Fury raged around her with every step she took, "Clarke, was it something I did?"

Isla didn't stop once. Her heels echoed severely over the stone-covered floor as she marched back to the Slytherin dungeons. Her head clouded, dizzy almost, ignoring every plea Theodore threw her way. She was mad — furious, to say at least.

She knew this was coming. It was expected from the blond — that he'd leave her after fooling her into going with him, after bringing her into that closet and getting his way with her.

She shouldn't be this trusting, this naive. She should've seen this coming.

"Clarke, wait!"

She didn't. She kept running until her breaths heaved, and she whispered the password to the common room.

Theodore didn't catch up with her until she fiddled with her wand, unlocking the door to her room, and the second she did — he grabbed her shoulders, yanking her back into the hallway.

Her eyes flickered as he stared right through her. The intense gaze burned her soul, "Can you fucking stop?" He growled, letting go of her in the belief that she'd stay put, but she tugged away again.

Isla felt the exhaustion of running all the way here as it crumbled within her and the waver of disbelief rushing through her vessels.

She tried to pull away, to distance herself from every emotion she felt scoring through her body. It wasn't jealousy — she didn't feel bitter that Draco ended the night with Pansy, but rather that he did so in the way he did. Ashamed for believing the boy in the ways she did, and that humiliation triggered her.

''Stop it—'' Theodore dragged her right back, pinning her to the wall beside them, ''Clarke, for fucks sake! Just talk to me—''

''I don't—'' Her head shook. She refused to look at him, but she didn't fight him anymore, ''I don't know what to say!''

His eyes grew wide, slightly letting go of her in the dimmed corridor.

''I'm stupid, I'm so—'' She gulped, her hand grasped at her throat as she felt the necklace hanging around her skin and her face fell, ''I'm stupid, Theodore, that's it. I can't think clearly!''

Theo's sight dropped to where she was holding, noticing the necklace he'd never seen before. The fierce stare stung her skin as her eyes flickered.

''It's not your fucking fault, do you understand that?'' He growled, ''He's a fucking idiot, and that's not your damn—''

''He's an idiot?'' Isla rose a brow, her mouth twitched, ''You're the idiot, Theodore! I wouldn't have gone with him if it wasn't for you and that bloody girl!''

Theodore winced back, cocking his head as he met her fuming gaze, ''How am I the idiot? I asked you, more than once if you wanted me to stop—''

''And you should have!'' Her voice echoed loudly, ''You should've stopped the first time you asked me about her, not keep—''

''You said no—''

''I didn't—''

''But you did—''

''I didn't want to have to tell you to stop—''

''How am I supposed to know that—''

''You just are!''