26

Mature content ahead.

_____

Strolling into the last class of the day, detention — her eyes flickered as she immediately caught the brunet.

Her veins iced at that.

Nearly a week had passed since she last saw a glimpse of him during lunch. Theodore stayed as clear of her as she did of him. Neither of them even tried to earn the other's attention.

It was with a loud sigh, Isla slammed her books down at the table, and she dropped to her seat in the front of the class. Her usual spot.

Fiddling with the quill between her fingers, she caught in the corner of her eye how Ava slipped down onto her seat in the row across from hers, and she did as Isla had done, slammed her books to the table, loudly.

Blaise wasn't slow to follow the movement and the tension in the room quickly became suffocating. Little did she feel how Theodore's sight had been glued onto her since she took a step through the door.

Perhaps she didn't bother anymore. Not caring for either of the two boys. Maybe she was done as she stated she was.

It indeed grew to be tiring, being in a constant battle between two strong-minded people, not know right from wrong, and her body was the main topic of all subjects.

Never was it about her — but whom she slept with and when.

''Mr. Malfoy,'' The professor mumbled, lifting a brow at the blond as he stood unbothered in the doorway, and it knocked Isla right out of her thoughts, ''Lovely of you to join us again.''

The lady's tone was disapproving as she forced her palms into the table, ''Today's assignment will be easy. I want you to learn and master a potion of your own choice. You work in pairs as usual...'' She muttered, raising her chin, ''Green with Zabini, Nott, and Clarke, and Malfoy, you'll have to work on your own—''

Pinching her eyes shut, she rose her hand in the air, quickly, ''Professor,'' She urged, her tone held thin in doubt, ''If you mind—''

''One at the time, Clarke,'' The Professor hewed her off, pointing her finger down the class, and Isla spun around in her seat, only to notice the brunet, reaching his hand into the air just as she'd done.

''Thank you, Professor,'' Theodore held the coldest of looks, ''I'd like to work by myself if that's—''

The lady shook her head, annoyingly sighing at the way she knew both Isla and Theodore would ask to change partners, ''I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of putting you in pairs if I wished for you to change them.''

''Yes but, Professor, I'm sure an exception can be made in this case,'' Theodore looked at her, his green eyes attacking Isla's, pure pain ripped through her, ''I don't feel comfortable working with Clarke—''

''That's truly not my problem, Mr. Nott, is it?'' She fired back, sternly, ''I'm the Professor, and I decide who works with who. If I left that to you, it would be a circus in here!''

Draco watched from a distance. His sight wandered to where Isla's nails dug into the wood of the backrest of her chair and her jaws as they gritted.

''I'll do it,'' Malfoy's voice came out of nowhere, making Isla snap her head, hair spilled wildly across her shoulders, ''I'll take one for the team, and work with Clarke.''

Her eyes rolled at his comment, blushing lightly.

''How kind of you, Mr. Malfoy, but as I said—'' The teacher rose but was quickly hewed off by Draco as he marched up to where Isla sat, and he hunched down at the seat next to hers.