23

Mentions of mature content ahead.

_____

Isla swallowed thickly.

Her hand tightened around the doorknob as she caught the sounds of muffled music behind the wood.

This wasn't a good idea, she told herself, over and over. So many times that she almost managed to convince herself that— almost.

Draco would tear her to pieces for disobeying him, and Theodore would break her apart just by looking at him. It was a struggle, a loss for her, no matter how she twisted and turned it. And Isla didn't believe she had anything left to lose.

She didn't have Fred. She didn't have Cedric. She didn't have her father.

She surely didn't have any of the boys she was deemed to pick between. Theodore, she'd missed her chances with even if her heart ached by the thought of it, and Draco — well, Draco didn't want her.

He wanted to use her.

She didn't even have Ava anymore, and the two friends she thought to have would always pick her side. They wouldn't judge her, so what did she have to lose by going to the party — nothing.

With a deep breath, she twisted her wrist and flung the door wide. Her eyes squinted by the harsh light of different colors twinkling and the rich air filled with smoke and shouts as she closed her door and walked down the hallway.

Isla looked around curiously to where her friends would be as she shortly spotted them by the couches. Her steps stressed across the smudgy floor, spilled with drinks until she reached the furniture.

''Love,'' Mila beamed, raising her cup in the air as she greeted her friend, heavily intoxicated, ''We were waiting for you!''

Isla laughed out, covering her mouth with the palm of her hand quickly as she shot Leo a kind smile. He merely rolled his eyes and shook his head at the drunk Ravenclaw in his lap.

Mila rapidly returned to give all her attention to Leo, her hands sneaking down his chest and her lips whispering lowly in his ear, but Leo gripped her wrists, bending him away from her as he shook his head.

He never wanted her to do things similar to this with her right mind in the wind. Leo would be the last person to ever use a girl and take advantage of her while drinking.

''Not today—'' Leo sought to speak as Mila pouted, dragging her arms away from him before crossing them.

Isla couldn't help but observe and adore them. They truly were perfect for one another, and the look of her two friends growing closer caused warmth to flush within, but it quickly burnt out by the chest she felt pressing into her back, and his cologne trapped her senses.

She gulped.

''I thought I told you not to come, yeah?'' Draco growled, vibrantly and it shook her, the raspiness of his voice, ''I told you not to fucking—''

''I don't have to play by your rules,'' Isla spun around, facing him the bright shades of color, and her sight snapped, looking down at his chest as he wore a white shirt, half unbuttoned. She gulped again.

''Looks like you do, doesn't it?''

Draco smirked, quirking a brow at her startled self. He studied her too, watching the black dress she clothed in, smeared to her figure, and he groaned within the flesh of his mouth, ''You surely look...''

''Stop it,'' Isla fired, her arms crossed so that he couldn't get a glance at what he wanted to see, ''Stop looking at me like that.''

Draco kept his smirk, tilting his head as his sight slowly, in a torturous way, traveled back to level hers, ''Like what?"