67

Isla was terrified.

She didn't have a chance to turn around from how hard he was pushing his chest against her spine.

Nearly shaking, she let out a trembling breath, ''I was—'' Pausing to collect her words, she slightly shook her head, ''I was just going out for some fresh air.''

Draco chuckled darkly, ''You God damn liar.''

Her hand tensed around the handle, and she tried to yank the door open again in an attempt to make a run for it, but his palm kept it shut.

''I'm not lying.''

''So take some air out on the balcony,'' Draco spoke close to her ear. His voice was raspy and low. He played along with her lies, ''There's no need to walk all the way down here for some fresh air, is it?''

Isla huffed out frustratingly.

''And if you're going out for some fresh air in the middle of the night, there's no need to get fully dressed either, is it?''

Her sight landed on her dress, knowing that he'd seen her say goodnight in Theodore's shirt a few hours prior.

Gulping, she straightened her spine against him, ''I was cold.''

''So you're going out in a dress when you're cold?''

''Yes.''

''Stupid fucking witch,'' He gripped her shoulder, and he spun her around to make her back hit the door. His eyes found hers, and a collision of anger and disappointment thickened between them, ''I specifically told you not to fucking go. We broke into Azkaban for him, and still, he left. So let him be fucking gone, Clarke. I'm not risking your damn safety one more time for him.''

''I wasn't—'' Her tone broke as she stared up at him, ''I wasn't going to find him. I was just taking some air—''

She tried the handle again, sneaking her arm behind her back with more space between them, but it wouldn't budge. Her sight snapped down to the foot he had pushed up against it.

''Really?'' Draco gritted, ''You were literally trying to run away? Again?''

She knew there wasn't a way out of this, so she stayed quiet with a displeased look spread over her face.

His heart softened at how stubborn she was, even if his body felt like it would light on fire. He felt the worse type of mixture of empathy and madness right now. He didn't trust himself around her alone at night.

Not when he felt her scent lingering and her shoulders and thighs exposed. He was so weak for her thighs.

Groaning to himself, he moved a few inches, giving her the space to walk past him back up the stairs, ''Go back to bed.''

''But—''

''No, Clarke. Not up for discussion, go upstairs.''

''This is so unfair. I wasn't even—''

''I don't care, get the hell—''

''But—''

''No,'' He severely cut her off, narrowing his stare at her. He raised his hand and pointed his finger at the upper floor, ''Right fucking now.''

She sighed, clenching her teeth as she shouldered her way past him. Isla moved aggressively up the stairs again. Draco stayed behind, not taking his stare off of her until she rounded the corner to get to Theo's room.

But Isla had something else in mind. She always did.

Instead of opening the door to Theodore's room and slipping down next to him, she marched right past it.