66

Isla sprinted down the stairs so quickly that the hurt of the curse she'd taken the day before didn't feel as painful anymore. It didn't ache as she drew air down her lungs, and it didn't feel like she stepped on glass every time her feet struck the ground.

Not when all she could think of was the fact that Leo had left again.

Ripping the front door open and stumbling out on the porch, she looked around. Her eyes didn't catch a single movement. Nothing but the warm night breeze sipping through the crowns of trees standing around the Nott residence.

She huffed, staring out over nothing.

Both of her boys came up to stand behind her, slightly out of breath from chasing and calling for her as she snuck away from them. Isla couldn't quite blame them for running to catch her after what they'd gone through the past day.

She'd been asleep, indeed, but they hadn't.

Draco and Theo had lived through hell the day she healed, and they weren't going to let her out of their sight anytime soon.

''What happened?'' Isla turned around, her cheeks flushed in a pink color that caught Draco's attention. He looked at her with his lips pressed tight, ''How come he got so upset he just ran out?''

Theodore sighed, his eyes lifted to meet hers, feeling as if she was speaking directly to him, ''Mila... They had a fight, and he got upset, so he left.''

''It's the middle of the night?'' Isla frowned, the moonlight glimmered perfectly from above, and it brightened Theodore's warm curls along with Malfoy's icing eyes, ''What could they possibly have fought about in the middle of the night?''

Draco rolled his eyes, tipping his body to let his shoulder lean against the doorframe. He was still visibly annoyed with the fact that they'd been interrupted.

He finally had a moment alone with her upstairs, a moment where they both let their hearts pour with all the emotions they carried, and it was gone quicker than it happened.

''I don't know,'' Theo crossed his arms, and he kept his sight in hers, ''I was just walking downstairs to get Mila, and they were having this huge argument.''

She nodded, slowly at what the brunet had spoken before her eyes landed on Malfoy, seeing how he raised a brow at her for looking at him. Her cheeks blushed even more, and she snapped her stare back to Theo.

''Do you know where he might have gone? Because it doesn't feel right, that he stormed off in the middle of the night after we got him out just yesterday, and what about Mila? Where is—'' Her questions were blurted out, and her words nearly tangled together.

It wasn't until Theodore stepped out fully on the porch and his arms clung around her shoulders that she felt like she could take a proper breath. He always had that effect on her. He calmed her, more than anyone had the possibility to do.

''Isla,'' He said, his mouth pressing against her head as she buried her face into his chest, ''I don't think this is doing you any good. All this worrying all the time, it's not good for you. Especially not after yesterday.''

His dark note had chills sneaking down her spine as he gripped her harder, holding her locked against him.

''I'm worried about him,'' She whispered, her fingers knitted into his shirt, and she drew herself closer, ''I don't like the idea of him being out there after Azkaban—''

It clocked her mind again. Azkaban.

Everything that had happened in Azkaban, all the way from Draco not speaking to her, to Leo being tortured, to the fact that the two boys — her two boys, willingly broke someone's neck.