29

It angered her. Isla felt so provoked by the manners both of the boys carried. Never in her life had she been through anything similar to this.

With Cedric — it was easy, calm. She didn't have to bend herself inside out for his pleasure, she simply did what she wished to do, and he was happy about it.

But not them, no.

They preyed on her as if her whole existence was for their own pleasure. They toyed with her and threw her away as soon as they felt done with her.

Isla didn't care that Theodore's family would disapprove of her. It wasn't a matter she'd be insecure about because she knew he wanted her. He craved to be with her, and that was all that mattered to her.

But not to him. He didn't think it was worth it, and then he left — he walked away from her as if nothing had ever happened between them, and it caused her eyes to tear up and her mind to cave every time she thought about it.

While Draco wouldn't do a thing, he didn't look at her apart from when he wished for her to do something. He didn't respect her in the slightest, yet it felt like a thunderstorm inside her chest as if she craved answers from him.

It drove the girl mad, insane, almost, that she in no reality was capable of wrapping her head around all of it.

The days turned darker, and the wind cooled as the weeks since Theodore left passed. Two weeks and three days, she counted the time, and it didn't make any sense to her why she kept track of it.

She just did.

It felt good, feeling like she had some sort of control in the oblivion.

She was sitting in the window of her room, on the sill with her books in her lap and her quill as she fiddled with in between her fingers.

The late autumn sun trapped her attention for a mere minute, consuming her so deeply that she didn't hear the girl walking into their room.

Ava didn't spend any time in there anymore. She stayed with Blaise and only entered when she wished to get something, but she always made certain that Isla wasn't there when she did.

Flinching by the sudden sound of a squeaky drawer as it opened, Isla snapped her neck, looking at the girl hunched down over her dresser. A strange silence trickled them, and they looked at each other from afar.

''I was just—'' Ava mumbled, standing tall on her feet, gesturing towards the drawer filled clothes, ''I was just getting some clothes, I'm sorry if I—''

''No—'' Isla breathed, her wide eyes hooded again, ''It's alright, I wasn't expecting you, that's all.''

Ava hummed, clenching her fingers around the fabric of the green shirt she was holding, and it turned quiet again. Neither of them had anything to say to the other — the fight they had spoken loudly enough for the both of them.

''Isla, can we—'' Ava spun around, her eyes flickering over the girl seated on the window sill, the sun glimmering across her hair, ''I heard about Theodore, and I'm so sorry—''

Feeling as her forced smile faded, she peered down onto her lap, her eyelashes suddenly heavy, ''What about Theodore?'' Isla mumbled quietly.

Flopping down onto her bed, next to the window, Ava sighed, expressively, ''That he left... Blaise told me.''

Isla nodded, still not looking up at her friend, ''He did,''

She didn't know what else to say to that. He did leave, and he had failed to reach out to her ever since.