46

''How did it go?'' Isla stood in a towel, tightly hugged around her. Drops of water escaped her damp hair as she leaned against the doorpost of her bathroom, looking confusingly at the brunet who just stormed into her room, ''What did you—''

She was already doubtful. She'd heard yelling and shouting outside her door only minutes prior.

Hesitating, Theodore cursed silently to himself. He'd been debating the fact if he was meant to tell her about Draco or not. He was already so worried about her. He didn't want this to be the reason she hurt even graver.

She was always honest with him. He needed to be honest with her.

''Malfoy, he—'' Theodore leaned against the door, his spine heavy upon it.

Isla scowled, ''Malfoy?'' She questioned, confused, ''What about— no. No, what did he do?''

''Isla—''

Her face fell. Her heart absolutely sunk to the pit of her stomach, through it, and it crashed against the floor. Isla couldn't believe this.

''No,'' She trembled, in denial, ''Where is Draco?''

''Isla—''

She knew what this meant. Draco wasn't going to be there anymore. That was the sole reason for Theo to be this uncertain. He would've told her if it wasn't something that would upset her.

Theo couldn't reach her. She'd already marched back into the bathroom, sighing and huffing heard before she came back, dressed in her discreet pajama pants and her robe. Her hair was held in a messy bun, ''Where is he?''

''Isla.''

''No—''

Theo tried to stop her. He tried to cease her actions of putting herself in harm's way and risk getting caught as Draco had done. It wasn't a point in both of them being expelled, he knew that, but Isla didn't.

She simply allowed her worry and feelings for the blond to cloud her judgment as she stormed towards the door. He slipped in between her and her chance of getting out. She glared at him, ''Let me go.'' She said forcefully.

''I can't do that,'' He countered, staring down at her, ''You know I can't. He wouldn't want you to get in trouble.''

Crossing her arms, she huffed out a dry chuckle, tired of them ruling over her every chance they got, ''Well, I don't care. He's not taking the blame for something I did, Theo. This was my idea and I—''

''You'll get yourself expelled.''

''I don't care.''

''You should.''

''Well, I don't—''

''I do,'' He spoke up, louder now, ''I do care. Malfoy cares. Why do you think he took the bloody blame?''

Isla looked away. The feeling of Draco not being there grew sickly within her, ''I don't care what he thinks. He's not getting expelled for me—''

''It was his choice,'' Theo didn't tell her how he'd been downstairs at the headmaster's office minutes before, nearly begging on his knees to let himself take the fall instead of Malfoy, but the blond didn't let him. He stood his ground, and it caused Theodore to loath himself.

Draco simply wished to help her, and the brunet felt as if it was his fault.

''Did you even try to talk to them?'' She blurted out of the blue, ''Did you even try to help him?''

She, herself, felt so guilty. She didn't know what to do. All she could sense was her chest as it strained, her throat tightened.

''What the hell is that supposed to mean?'' Sounding offended now, Theodore frowned annoyingly, ''Do you seriously think I'd let him take the blame without doing anything about it? Is that what you think of me?''