21

Isla couldn't suppress the brunet out of her head. He glued to her mind at all times as she did everything possible not to think about him.

It was hard — not to spare him a thought and not to fantasize about what this could lead to.

She was meant to pick one of them, and she was destined to spend the rest of her life alongside the one she did indeed chose, but it didn't come off as easy.

Theodore was an obvious choice. He wanted her, and he tried to stay close to her at all times. Ever since they'd gotten back from their trip to the lake — he'd done more than he usually performed to be near her.

To talk to her, to ask her questions, and to be curious about who she was underneath her surface.

He treated her kindly. Theo wasn't rough with her — he was gentle, considerate of her feeling as her opinion weighed a lot to him. Not that he showed it, he merely didn't. Still, it spoke so loudly around them.

He didn't refer to her as Clarke anymore. He called her Isla. Theodore didn't glance at another soul whether she'd be around or not. He wished to prove himself — to show that he was indeed better than he'd first come off as.

Isla knew he was. He wouldn't have to prove it to her. He didn't have to strain himself from looking at someone else — he didn't have to grant her with all the affection that he did, yet he refused to stop.

Theodore had a kind heart, a mild behavior towards her, and she adored it. She admired the way his mind was working — how he thought and how he acted after it, how she'd never seen anyone be as respectful and heedful as he'd been.

Yet, the blond boy lingered, and she loathed herself for it. Draco was as plastered to her mind as Theodore was — if not more.

She wasn't allowed much of what the blond was thinking nor doing. Isla wasn't granted anything when it came to him except his rage and fury. He'd taken it all out on her, pleasing her with the full amount of hatred he felt and used her as he wished to.

Isla should mind that. She truly should mind and stand against anything Malfoy poured over her, but she couldn't — it wasn't possible for her to do so. It was addicting, feeling the rush of someone speaking to her in the ways he did.

She felt ashamed for it, tremendously, and it was the sole reason she didn't utter a word of this to her friends.

They wouldn't understand how she felt, how she could still think about Draco even after he left her at prom that night or after everything else he'd done.

He was dangerous, arrogant, lofty, but it simply caused him to be more intriguing to her.

Isla's head was once again — a clouded mess. Not a string from right and wrong set her straight in all of it.

"I missed you at lunch today."

The voice came unexpectedly from behind, forming her to flinch out of her thoughts as she spun around in her chair, gripping the backrest of it.

Ava stood in front of her now, smiling broadly as she nodded towards the seat next to hers. Isla peered around as the classroom still seemed to echo emptily — not a student in sight and she nodded dryly, granting her friend permission to slip down onto the chair next to hers.

"Where were you?" Ava questioned, taking place beside Isla as she aimed back to face the front of the class, "I've barely seen you—"

''I am right here...'' Isla mumbled, trying to seem unbothered, ''I've been right here.''

Ava nodded, slowly as she sensed how cold her friend was being, ''I just haven't seen—''

''Is that my fault?'' Isla snapped, shooting Ava a frustrated glare, ''Is it my fault that you're not spending time with us anymore?''