80

This chapter contains destructive thinking, blood, and so much heartbreak.

I sobbed my eyes out while writing this, and I am so sorry, but remember that we'll see them all again. <3

Here we go. Hold my hand, will you?

_____

Isla Grace Clarke.

Pain is a funny thing, don't you think?

Pain can be portrayed in all kinds of shapes, forms, and patterns.

Some are in pain because of an injury, perhaps they'd cut themselves while cooking, or they'd fallen off their bike. Other's are in pain because they want to be, like getting a tattoo. Nature causes us pain too, like giving birth.

Pain can be caused by accident or knowingly.

Have you caused someone pain?

I never thought I would be someone's gravest source of pain. I never believed that I could cause so much harm to another person that I broke them.

Draco was always that person for me.

I was hurt by things Theodore did. I was hurt when he lied to me. I was hurt when he left me, but it didn't cause me the type of pain Draco was capable of pouring over me.

I always said it. He is the one I am scared of because once he hurts me in that way — nothing will be able to save it.

He hurt me a lot. I hurt him too. We hurt each other.

Now I hurt him in the way I always feared he'd hurt me.

Isla burst out in tears.

She couldn't stop it even if she tried to. Isla didn't try. She knew there wasn't a point in trying.

Her eyes were swollen and red. Her throat hurt from crying. Her chest was so tight — so rigid that it ached. Her lungs felt like they were about to explode any second now, yet she couldn't find the strength to inhale properly.

Hyperventilating. Her pulse skyrocketing. Her heart both thrashed and stilled in her chest. It was like her heart battled her mind and left her as the finished chaos.

''Isla...'' Theodore tried, but in vain.

She couldn't hear him.

Isla couldn't focus on anything but the heartbreak she'd seen on Draco's face. That was the worst part. He didn't look angry or absolutely furious as she was used to. He looked hurt, like she broke him, like Theodore broke him.

He bought her flowers.

He bought her his mother's favorite flowers.

You bought me flowers.

You've never gotten me flowers before.

You bought me the same flowers you buy your mother every day. You believed I was worth the same kind she was.

I'm not, Draco.

I'm not, and I think you know that now. I could never be worthy of you or the beauty your heart is carrying, and let me tell you why.

''Isla,'' Theodore placed his hand on her shoulder, slightly yanking her back, ''Isla, look at me.''

''I need to—'' She heaved, trying to form her words, ''I need to go after him.''