51

This chapter contains some soft mature content and the mention of blood. Please read with caution. 

_____

Isla blinked. Her eyes were wide, and her veins felt frozen as she watched Draco stand there, in the middle of the hallway, forcing people out of the mansion he just bought.

He bought a mansion for her, Isla still had trouble processing the fact that he did. She had such a hard time altering everything as she stood in the middle of that corridor, people rushing past her to leave.

Theodore was there. That was all her mind managed. He was there. He lied. His mother didn't despise her as he'd told her she did.

She wanted her to visit. She hugged her. She was kind, warm and he painted her out to be someone that would disown him for even speaking to her.

Isla was upset. She was furious and sad and angry and confused. She didn't know what she was. Everything came pouring across her at once.

''Fucking hell,'' Draco huffed out, dragging both his hands through his hair as he looked at the last guests finding their way out, ''What the hell was that about, Clarke?''

Isla gulped. Her insides wrenching as she turned around. She didn't want him to see the tears in her eyes. She trusted Theodore. Isla placed all her faith with that boy, and to have him betray her and lie to her in the way he did cause her to feel sick.

''Clarke—''

''I just—'' Isla shook her head, tilting her chin up, and she inhaled deeply, ''I don't know.''

''I just kicked out my best friend,'' He gritted his jaws, feeling as if he'd done something unforgivable, ''I just kicked out my best fucking friend for you, and you don't know?''

''Well, I didn't ask you to do that!'' She snapped, turning back around to face him, ''I didn't ask you to do anything like that for me. If he refused to leave — I would've. I didn't ask you to do that. I don't even know why you would do that, Draco? Why did you do that? I said that I didn't want to come between you—''

His eyes darkened, a mighty storm arose in his irises as he narrowed them in hers, ''What the hell did you just say to me?''

''You heard me, Draco.'' Isla stood her ground, folding her arms across the red silk she was wearing, ''I don't know why you would—''

''You don't know?'' The muscle in the curve of his jaw ticked. His eyebrow twitched, ''You don't fucking know?''

Her lips parted. Isla wanted to say something, to say that she did know and that she deeply within was so thankful for what he did because she wouldn't be strong enough to walk away from Theodore, but before she even had the chance to speak, Draco chuckled out darkly.

''You don't fucking know why I did what I did?'' He raised his voice, taking a step towards her in the empty hallway, ''How damn clueless can one person be, Clarke? You're all smart and clever when you want something to be said, but when it comes to realizing something that's right in front of you — you're fucking stupid, Clarke.''

She swallowed the lump in the back of her throat. He was shifting so infuriated with her.

''You're one ignorant fucking witch, I hope you fucking know that.'' He spat, taking another step closer, and another, and another until her spine was pressed against the wall behind her, ''So fucking clueless.''

His hands pushed into the wall, one on each side of her head. He trapped her in, his breaths fanned her exposed chest as his eyes stayed so angrily locked in hers, ''But you're my ignorant fucking witch, and that's the bloody problem.''