Chapter Twenty Three.

HARRY'S POV

"Is this the same place that we stayed last time we were here?" Rosie asks softly, tugging on my coat to grab my attention. We're stuck in a stuffy elevator with nearly six other people and she's crammed against me.

"Yeah, we always stay here." I answer back, feeling like I'm speaking with a child.

"No, we stayed at the place across the street last time. I don't remember why, but I know we did." She rocks back and forth on the balls of her feet despite the small amount of room we're allowed in the cramped space.

"Okay, well, why did you ask if you knew that we stayed across the street last time?" I glance down at her confusedly and she glares back up at me while the woman beside us snorts in laughter, clearly eavesdropping on the conversation.

"Why'd you answer if you were just going to be a dick?" She mimics back quietly while contradicting herself and leaning against my side to hide herself from the woman beside us.

"I'm not being a dick." My arm moves up from my side to wrap around her shoulders instead and she sighs back.

As the elevator passes floors, people slowly begin to pile out if the small space. Rosie and I get out on the fourteenth floor and walk in silence with our hands holding each other's at our sides on our way to the room. It will always confuse me how we could be in the middle of one of our worst arguments yet we're still not able to make it a hundred feet without having to hold hands while we walk.

"This is pretty nice." Rosie comments as we walk into the room after sliding the key at the door. The walls are painted an off-white color and the bedding is white with a bright orange blanket on the base of the bed to contrast the average colors in the room.

"All the rooms here look the same." I shrug back, not surprised with the space. It looks the same as all of the other rooms we've stayed in here.

"Can you stop being a downer please?" Rosie snaps back. I roll my eyes while looking over at her, then ignore her comment while lugging my suitcase onto the chair across the room from the bed.

"I'm not being a downer, baby. We've been here probably ten times and you're acting like it's the first." I sit down beside my luggage, then pat my thighs while looking over at Rosie. She looks back at me with a conflicted expression and sighs lowly while pacing over to me.

"I'm just trying to lighten the mood." She mumbles while sitting down on my lap. I lock my arms around her waist and we both simultaneously sigh.

"I'm over arguing for today. Is there anything you feel like doing now that we're here? We could go walk around, or go to the pool or something." I offer up while desperate to change the topic. I am beyond done with fighting about everything possible with her.

"I'm a little hungry." She murmurs back, seeming unsure of her answer.

We agreed on the plane that we wouldn't worry too much about each other while we're here after what I pulled on her earlier, but I knew the entire conversation that we were just bullshitting ourselves. We always try to distance ourselves when really it's completely strange for us to skip out on doing something as simple as having dinner together.

"Alright, let's go eat then. Do you want to change your clothes or anything?" I pat her hip to indicate for her to stand up and she picks up on the gesture. Without answering my question, we both retreat to our suitcases to change out of our traveling clothes.

Twenty minutes later, Rosie's done fixing up her appearance, and we're heading out onto the busy street below our hotel. We nearly lose each other in a crowd less than a half a mile from the hotel and end up holding hands again as we walk through a busy casino with loud chatter and even louder music surrounding us.