Chapter Four.

ROSALIE'S POV

It felt like I had paced back and forth across the small building a thousand times since arriving this morning at the shop. My mother was in helping out, along with my sister, but both of my other workers had called in sick this morning, leaving me no choice but to open the shop and tend to a majority of the customers while my mother and sister stayed in the back to bake and frost the incoming orders of cupcakes.

With the year just staring and the holidays beginning to get closer, it seemed as though everyone wanted to send in mass orders of cupcakes for company valentines day parties or beginning of the year birthday parties. My hands had practically been permanently dyed red and pink from using food coloring while making frosting, and Harry's teasing at home about it was relentless.

"Rosie, darling, take a break would you? You've been here since eight and I haven't seen you sit down once. Take advantage of the shop being calm for a few minutes." My mother coaxes once the last customer leaves after the typical lunch rush.

I assumed that while opening a cupcake shop my customers would be occasional and easy to take care of. Instead, it seems like each day around two o'clock in the afternoon once everyone has finished lunch, I get a rush of people coming in looking for an afternoon dessert. I don't mind, but it does get tiring after spending a morning baking.

"C'mon, darling. There's a bell on the door so you'll know if anyone comes in. Come sit." My mother urges again. I glance outside at the busy streets of New York and decide that no one seems to be scoping the shop out, so I have at least a moment of silence to take a break. My feet are aching and my hands hurt, but I feel accomplished after a busy day.

It's pushing four PM and the only thing on my mind is Harry coming to pick me up after work. My typical routine of taking him breakfast at work around nine in the morning then attending my own job around ten was interfered with today and due to my missing employees, I didn't have a moment to step out of the shop to run him his breakfast as I usually do.

"Okay." I agree easily with my mother after a sudden realization of just how long I've been standing.

"Finally getting her to sit down?" My sister, Camellia, asks the moment I enter the kitchen. She's frosting a cupcake with pink icing and smirking at me in amusement.

"Yes, finally. Would you like a glass of water, sweetheart? Some vodka maybe?" My mother asks teasingly as I hop up to sit on the counter beside the sink. Camellia and I both laugh back and my mother grins while tightening the thin scarf tied around her head.

She lost her hair from chemotherapy years ago, and has always made it a point to wear flashy headscarfs each day to make up for the loss. Camellia and I always find amusement in her headband choices.

"I might need some vodka when I get home. Maybe a bubble bath, too." I groan back.

"I might join you. It's been way too long since you've invited me over for Sunday morning mimosas in your hot tub that overlooks Manhattan." Camellia comments back, eyeing me playfully as she hands the cupcake she just frosted over to my mom to decorate with small purple fondant flowers.

"Maybe this weekend? I'd have to talk to Harry but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. He's usually out on Saturday nights anyways so chances are we could have an good ol' twin sleepover." I smile back at her, then thankfully kiss my moms cheek when she hands me off a glass of water.

Before Camellia can respond to my offer, the back door of the shop opens and a familiar lanky figure steps in. My eyes stay locked on Harry as he slams the door shut behind him, shakes the snow out of his hair, then looks up.