Chapter Forty Eight.

(Argh I need for this one to be a long chapter too so no flashback...)

ROSALIE'S POV

"Are you sure you want to do this? It's five whole days together and from what I've seen recently, you two struggle with two whole minutes together." My sister asks in clear concern from her spot on the bed. She's stroking her swollen belly while watching me fold and pack my clothes into my black suitcase.

"We'll be fine. He came over for dinner last night to discuss last minute arrangements for the trip and we actually had a nice time. Nothing too special happened, but we at least got along." I shrug my shoulders and flatten out my favorite skirt that's stacked on top of my pile of pants in the suitcase.

"Nothing too special?" She presses on. I laugh softly and shake my head while thinking back to our evening of innocent conversation, accompanied by a full bottle of wine. The alcohol is probably what made it so easy to talk.

"He kissed me when he left... And we played footsie for a few minutes under the table at dinner. But other than that, nothing happened."

"Do you think anything will happen in England?" She continues to ask while I fold another skirt.

"I'm not sure. I doubt we'll be in each other's pants the whole time we're there visiting his mother. We might kiss once or twice, but I think that might be the extent of it." I shrug my shoulders once again, feeling unsure of how else to answer her.

"I think something will happen. Maybe you'll come back looking like me." She points to her swollen stomach and I laugh along with her, even though her words feel like a dagger through my chest.

Maybe if I could get pregnant as easily as she did, Harry would rethink singing our papers in a few weeks.

"Yeah, maybe." I finish folding the last of my clothes and move across the room to grab my bag I packed of important things such as my passport, plane ticket, wallet, phone charger, and headphones.

Just as I step back over to the bed where my sister is now sitting up and sifting through the clothes I packed, a soft knock sounds at the bedroom door.

"Brother-in-law! I missed you!" Camellia says in fake-excitement as Harry steps into the room.

"Oh, whatever." Harry rolls his eyes and laughs loudly at her fake affection for him.

"I know you missed me." Camellia mutters. Harry paces over and kisses her cheek, then stands up and looks over at me.

"Hi, Rosie." He greets quietly. His hands slip into his pockets and he smiles sweetly at me.

"Hi, Harry. Is the car here?" I walk over to my suitcase and set my bag of necessities into it.

"Yeah, it is. Are you ready to go? Do you need any help?"

"No, I think I'm ready." I zip the suitcase closed, then pull the bag onto the floor. Harry reaches over to take it from me and rolls it over to the door, then moves back towards us.

"We should get going." He states while glancing between Camellia and I. I nod my head and step towards me sister to embrace her in a quick hug. Her swollen belly presses against my own flat stomach, making me frown over her shoulder.

"I'll miss you, Rosie. Have fun in England." She pulls away and smiles sweetly at me, then speaks again, lower now.

"Don't convince yourself that nothing will happen and ruin it if something does come up. This is your last week together." She pats my shoulder gently and I nod back.