Chapter Sixty Three.

(Harrys suit and Rosie's dress for dinner in the photo above)

HARRYS POV

- Seven Years Ago -

"We don't have to go, y'know. I know this isn't really your scene and I would be totally fine with just ordering in and hanging out just the two of us. We can get drunk and be stupid here rather than at some strangers house." I brush some hair away from Rosie's neck while staring at her through the mirror. She's sat on the ground between my legs, drawing a thin black line on the lid of her eye while ignoring me kissing her neck and slipping my hands sneakily under her shirt.

"What makes you think this isn't my scene? I used to party all the time before I met you. I still would if I didn't find myself so often just wanting to stay home in bed with you." She answers in response. I look at her through the stand-up mirror in front of us and notice she's smirking at me.

"So you prefer getting freaky with me in bed to stumbling around a crowded house with a bunch of drunk college kids? That's the sweetest thing you've ever implied, baby." I chuckle softly while leaning my head against her shoulder. She smells of her familiar perfume and her body being tucked so close to mine has me questioning if I even want to go.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself. I don't think we've ever been to a party together so as far as we know my new favorite thing could be getting wasted with you and hooking up in some bedroom at a strangers house. We'll see, though." She clicks her concealer holder closed and tosses it into her bag, then turns her head to press a sloppy kiss to my lips. I attempt to make the kiss last longer, but she's up out of my lap and walking across the room before I can stop her.

As she changes her clothes into something more appealing for a college party, I stay leaned back against the wall to silently admire her. I'm most definitely looking forward to a night of drinking and showing her off to the others at the party. We seem to mix well with alcohol when we've had just enough to make us lovey-dovey towards each other without feeling like idiots.

When we arrive at the house where the party is being held, I follow Rosie in through the door to weave around the guests all lingering around their own friend groups. She finds her own set of friends from school and I barely introduce myself before leaving her alone with the group while I track down some beer for us.

Some slow love song that sounds like it's straight out of a movie is playing through the speaker system in the dimly lit house. It's clearly a college-students home and my guess is confirmed when I look up at the flashing colored lights above my head, then over at the shelf built solely off of empty beer bottles in the corner.

After tracking down some drinks and eventually finding Rosie once again, I take my place at her side and sip my beer while holding her hand. Her friends are on some rant about one of their professors while I stand off to the side and admire the beautiful girl standing contently in my hold. She's nodding her head every now and then to acknowledge her friends conversation, but she doesn't seem to care much for what they're actually saying. Instead, she sips her beer and taps her hand against my arm to the beat of the song playing loudly around us.

"So how do you two know each other?" One of her friends eventually speaks up over the sound of the rant still being carried on by her other friend.

"This is my boyfriend. Have I not introduced you guys?" Rosie answers back in a loud voice to compete with the noise surrounding us. She's clutching onto my chest with her free hand while she's peeking around my side to look at her red-headed friend.

"I didn't even know you had a boyfriend. How long have you guys been together?" The girl giggles back. She looks up at me with a flirty bat of her eyelashes that Rosie seems to pick up on just as quickly as I do.