Chapter Seven.

HARRY'S POV

My feet slap heavily against the floor as I jog up the stairs of the apartment building after choosing against waiting for the elevator. I'm out of breath and suddenly reminded of how out of shape I am, but I decide not to think of any of it.

Rosie's constantly reminding me to take the stairs instead of the elevator when we come home, then she goes on about how we're already in our late twenties and someday when we can't even move we'll miss little privileges like climbing the stairs.

As I reach the door to the apartment and take a moment for the sake of my burning lungs, I suddenly question why I was running in the first place. Getting to Rosie faster won't make her less pissed at me.

"Rosie, I'm home!" I call out the second I step through the door. My house keys clank as I drop them into the bowl beside the door, then my shoes are left abandoned on the ground as I make my way further into the flat.

"I'm in the kitchen." Rosie calls back quietly. I try to decipher her mood by the sound of her tone, but to my dismay, she sounds completely emotionless. Which, actually, could be counted as an emotion for her. Since the day I met her she's mastered the art of acting the least upset when she needs comfort the most. I think part of it is rooted from her mothers illness, but a more sensible part of me knows I also had something to do with it.

"Morning, baby. How'd you sleep?" I decide to put on my sweetest voice and press my lips in a lingering kiss against her cheek.

"I slept great. How about you?" She asks back. Her legs are folded under her as she sits on one of the many barstools lined behind the island countertop in be middle of the kitchen. I sit down beside her with my hand on her back and my lips still close to her cheek. A tall Starbucks cup sits in front of her on the counter, along with her cell phone. The device is unlocked and sitting with the texts between her and I up on the screen. Immediate guilt washes over me, but I hide it well.

"I slept well, thank you. What have you been up to this morning? Sorry I've been gone so long." I reach my hand out to steal one of the grapes from the bowl she has sitting in front of her, then pop it into my mouth.

"Just got back from yoga. I have an appointment in an hour to get my nails done, then I'm going to lunch with my sister." She responds. After another moment, she grabs her phone off the counter and begins ignoring me, even though she hasn't looked at me since I stepped in the door.

"Your sister? Did you guys make up from your fight yesterday?" I ask back. She nods silently, still refusing to look at me.

"That's good." I lean my head against her shoulder and tighten my arm around her waist. She noticeably stiffens from my touch and I try to ignore it, but it hurts my feelings the slightest bit.

"I wish I had gone to yoga with you. My back is a bit sore today." I speak lowly and press my lips to her neck after turning my head up towards her. Her familiar perfume invades my nose and I suddenly realize how much of a disappointment it was to wake up this morning in an unfamiliar bed without my Rosie beside me like usual.

"It would have been silly for you to go to yoga since you've already worked out this morning. You went on a jog, remember?" She responds in an almost frighteningly chilling tone. There's the anger I was anticipating.

"Right, I did." I murmur back. She finally turns to look at me, but the second I see her, I suddenly wish she had kept her head down.

Her eyes are slightly red and her lips are in a prominent frown that makes my heart ache.

"You could have just told me you didn't want to spend time with me. You didn't have to pretend like you wanted to be here. The fact that you waited until you thought I was asleep to sneak out was really shitty." She leans forward to lay her head on the counter and I purse my lips while leaning in along with her. Both of our heads are resting on our arms that are folded in front of us and our gazes are locked on each other's.