Chapter Sixty Nine.

(The beginning of this chapter is a flashback to the meeting Rosie and Harry had with the surrogacy agency after discussing it on the first day of the new year, as I had mentioned in previous chapters)

HARRYS POV

- January 10th, 2016 -

"I'm thinking that this could potentially be a big client for us. He seems reliable and like he knows what he's doing financially. I think he's really interested in investing, too. What do you think? Should I take him out to lunch Monday and butter him up so that we can close this deal?" Christian, one of my few intelligent employees smiles happily at me from across the desk. I consider his ideas for a long moment while sitting leaned back in my chair with my legs crossed and my hand tapping my pen against the glass of the desk.

"Percentage wise, what do you think the possibility is that this will work out in our benefit? I like this guy. I don't want to screw him over like I usually do the rest." I chuckle at myself while Christian shuffles through his papers.

"I actually made a simple bar graph that clearly shows the likelihood of this benefitting both companies all around..." He pauses to pass off the paper to me and I stare at the lines silently.

"I think you'll be pleased with the amount of thought I put into this proposal, sir. We really have the potential to-" his continual pep-talk to his own project is cut off suddenly by a soft knock against the door. I set the paper down on my desk and glance up just as the tall door opens and Rosie steps in, breezing past Dev with an awkward smile.

"Hi. Am I interrupting? I can wait in the lobby." She asks innocently as she stands across the room. She's dressed in a nicely ironed pink blouse paired with a grey skirt and some black heels. I can tell she spent over an hour just on her appearance this morning after spending the entire night worrying over our meeting today.

"No, come on in. You're right on time." I stand from my chair to greet her as soon as she's approaching my desk.

"Hi, baby. You look stunning." My voice lowers as my arm moves out to wrap around her waist so that I can pull her in for a hug.

"You too. Nice suit." She grins back, skimming her fingers over the expensive fabric of the suit that she bought me for my birthday. Our lips barely graze each other's before I turn away again.

"Christian, have you met my lovely wife Rosalie?" I crack a smile in delight as I show off the beautiful girl on my arm. She reaches her hand out to my employee and introduces herself personally while I continue to stare at her. Her long hair is curled in soft waves that hang down her back where my hand is placed. I wish suddenly that Christian wasn't here so that I could sit her down on my desk and kiss her until I get over how pretty she looks all dressed up.

"Oh god, I brought you a coffee and left it on the front desk when I was talking to Veronica. Be right back." She giggles at herself once she announces her realization. A sweet smile is flashed in my direction before she's walking out the door to retrieve the drink.

"She seems sweet." Christian chuckles once she's gone from the room.

"She's very sweet. Do you care if we pick this meeting up where we left off tomorrow? We've got to get going to an appointment that we really can't be late for." I reach for my suit jacket laid across the back of my chair and slip it on over my arms. Rosie enters the room again a second later with two cups in her hands.

"Certainly, sir. Have a great rest of your day. It was lovely meeting you." Christian waves to Rosalie as he walks out and she bids him a quick goodbye in response. We've got ten minutes before we're supposed to leave, but I wanted a few minutes alone with her in hopes of calming down her obvious nerves before our meeting.